To all the aspirants of AIIMS MBBS, here’s all you need to know about the entrance exam.
AIIMS MBBS Exam is a national level undergraduate medical entrance exam which is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi for getting admission in MBBS programme. AIIMSis a group of medical institutes who conducts the AIIMS MBBS exam on National Level. The exam is conducted online for admissions in total of 672 MBBS seats in 7 institutes of AIIMS (6 Institutes + AIIMS, New Delhi).
The exam will be conducted on 1st June in two batches/times (Morning & Afternoon) in centres located across India. The result will be taken into account as the basis for admissions in MBBS course in AIIMS institutes. Interested and Eligible applicants can submit their application form from February 15, 2016 onwards. There are total 7 AIIMS institutions located across India which offer 672 MBBS seats. This examination is conducted in 154 cities across the nation. Possibly, the AIIMS 2016 MBBS Examination will be held on 29th May, 2016 (Sunday).
Eligibility Criteria (Highlights):
- Candidate must be an Indian National, overseas citizen of India are also eligible to appear for the exam.
- Candidate must be 17 years old at the time of admission (or before 31 December, 2016)
- Candidates born after 2nd January, 2000 are not eligible to appear for AIIMS MBBS.
- Candidate must have passed qualifying exam (HSC/10+2/CBSE/ISC/equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Candidates appearing for qualifying exam in 2016 are also eligible and can apply for AIIMS MBBS 2016.
- Minimum 60% marks are required in qualifying exam to be eligible for the exam.
Important Dates (Tentative)
- Application form Available from: 15th February, 2016
- Last date to fill the application form: 15th March, 2016
- Status of Registration including rejection / deficiencies in application on AIIMS website: 30th March, 2016
- Last date for complying with deficiencies in application as indicated: 8th April, 2016
- Admit Card Release: 2nd May, 2016
- Entrance Examination: 29th May, 2016
- Result (to be declared): 14th June, 2016
- 1st Counselling: 04th, 05th, 06th & 07th July, 2016 (Monday-Thursday)
- 2nd Counselling: 04th August, 2016 (August)
- 3rd Counselling: 06th September, 2016 (Tuesday)
- Open Counselling (If required): 27th September, 2016 (Tuesday)
The application for AIIMS MBBS 2016 has already started from February, 2016.
The application is filled online, it basically involves,
Online Registration > Application Form filling > Uploading Images > Payment of fees > Registration Slip.
The application fees is Rs. 1000/- for General category students, 800/- for SC/ST category students. OPH Candidates do not require to pay the exam fees.
The fees can be paid via Debit/Credit card or Bank Challan.
After the application process, the exam authority will issue admit cards for AIIMS MBBS 2016 around May 2016. Those whose application was accepted will be able to download the admit card from the official website with login credentials.
As the admit card of AIIMS MBBS 2016 is necessary to give the exam, it is advised that you verify everything in admit card to be true/correct. Also, it will be required for counselling and admission time for identity purposes.
Seat Distribution and Reservation
AIIMS MBBS 2016 will be held for MBBS course admission in 672 seats across the 7 institutes, in which 337 seats are for general category, and the rest are for other backward casts.
|Institute||Reserved Seats||Total Number of Seats|
|AIIMS, Rishikesh||Unreserved: 50
|AIIMS, Raipur||Unreserved: 50
|AIIMS, Bhopal||Unreserved: 50
|AIIMS, Patna||Unreserved: 50
|AIIMS, Jodhpur||Unreserved: 50
|AIIMS, Bhubaneswar||Unreserved: 50
|AIIMS, New Delhi||Unreserved: 37
AIIMS MBBS 2016 will be in Online mode also known as Computer Based Test. Total duration of the exam will be 3.5 hours, it will be conducted in two sessions (Morning / Afternoon)
The exam will have 200 questions, all questions are multiple choice questions and reason assertion type.
Here’s a table for you to quickly understand the exam pattern of AIIMS MBBS 2016.
|Subjects/Section||Number of Questions||Duration/Time|
|Physics||60||3 Hours 30 Minutes
Morning Session: 9:00AM to 12:30 PM
Evening Session: 3:00 PM to 6:30PM
The medium of paper will be Hindi or English.
Each correct answer will result in 1 credited mark.
Each wrong answer will result in deduction of 1/3 mark.
The candidates who have appeared in the AIIMS 2016 exam can check their result from the official website of AIIMS, the result will be released from 14th June, 2016.
Why Bright Educational Services?
Bright Educational Services (BES) is a premier educational management consultancy which can solve all your problems and queries regarding admission, jobs, placement, career, college quality and many others. We advise and counsel students and also provide them unbiased information about various colleges. We give guidance on various exams available for admission to the top colleges. We give you proper suggestion and tips to crack those exams. We can also arrange admission for the students who hasn’t scored well in the entrance exams. We have tie-ups with various technical universities where students can pursue their engineering degrees through distance course. You name a problem we have a solution for it. Please call us at +91-9564733330 for a free counselling session!