MAKAUT which is even known as Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology was previously known as West Bengal University of Technology [WBUT], situated in Kolkata, India. It is a Public-State University which provides a good no. of courses in Engineering and Technology and professional courses in multiple domains at Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate level.
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology [MAKAUT] provides candidates via merit-based procedure where candidates must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria and qualify the entrance examinations. MAKAUT transfers various entrance examinations for admission to different courses in its affiliated colleges and Institutions. These examinations are JECA, JELET, JEHOM, JEMAT. Candidates are needed to appear and qualify the entrance examinations for several programmes followed by counselling, group discussion, and personal interview. Following are some of the details regarding the test:
– Application form can be filled online by visiting the official website of MAKAUT.
– The JEMAT examination admits candidates to MBA programmes who fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria of holding a bachelor’s degree in any stream or should have finished a professional course from a reputed University.
– The score in JEMHA/JEMMA grants admission to MHA/MMA courses organised by the University.
– Candidates must have finished senior secondary school in accordance to apply for multiple undergraduate courses.
– MAKAUT organises JEHOM for admission to the BHMCT program.
– Entrance to the undergraduate courses is done on merit basis followed by counselling. It is compulsory for the aspirant to be present for the advice. If the aspirant has passed the intermediate examination in the year 2015, he/she is not eligible for the enrollment.
– Those who desire to apply for admission to Post Graduate courses must hold an Undergraduate degree in the related fields.
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology [MAKAUT] B.Tech Admission 2018
MAKAUT provides B.Tech regular and lateral entry courses in multiple specialisations. It is needed for the aspirant to secure an aggregate of 45% marks in the 10+2 examination from CBSE or any other equivalent board. The University even offers lateral entry in the engineering and technology courses. Willing aspirants must appear for JELET examination.
– He/She must look and qualify for the State level entrance examination for the lateral entrants, JELET.
– Qualifying JELET will allow the interested aspirants to opt for lateral entry admissions into 2nd year of the Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy programmes which are of 4 years in duration.
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology [MAKAUT] M.Tech Admission 2018
2-year M.Tech course at Post Graduate is provided multiple branches of Engineering and Technology. For admissions to M.Tech classes, aspirants must have a valid GATE score. By to a new regulation, even if an aspirant has a valid GATE score, he/she must register for the WBUT PGET, an entrance examination for the postgraduate courses. Counselling for the WBUT PGET is performed via offline mode.
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology [MAKAUT] PG Admission 2018: M.Sc, MBA, MCA and MHA
The University provides a wide range of Post Graduate programmes in the areas such as Computer Applications, Arts commerce, and Science. Merit grants the selection of these programmes. The University organises JEMAT for every academic year which is Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test for the aspirants who are searching for admission in MHA/ MBA programmes.
Thre is the provision of lateral entry admission in MCA. MCA programme is for candidates who have finished BCA/B.Sc. IIT/ Computer Science from a reputed University with an average minimum 50% marks. The University released a notification to invite application for JEMAT. These are advertisements published in the leading newspapers and are posted on the University website by December/ early January.
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology [MAKAUT] UG Admission 2018: BBA, BCA, B.Sc, B.Pharm, BHMCT
MAKAUT provides multiple UG programs in both General and Honours streams. Candidates have to fulfil the prescribed eligibility criteria to secure admission in their desired course. The University organises qualifying JEHOM entrance exam makes aspirants eligible for the entry to the program BHMCT. The application form for the similar can be filled online.
By the regulations issued by the University, 50% of the seats are filled through CET. The CET is a 2- hour examination whereas the pattern of the study is MCQ based. MAKAUT examines multiple centres throughout the country such as Kolkata, Durgapur, Kharagpur, Berhampore, Kalyani, Alipurduar, Siliguri, Bhubaneshwar, Ranchi, Agartala, Patna and Guwahati.
MAKAUT Application Form 2018
– Aspirants must visit the University website to download the application form.
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.