Earth Science Courses
Earth Science studies is not limited to studying rocks and digging the earth to bring out unknown facts, it is much more and you must read further to know the details!
Earth Science is a very interesting subject of study. Students who want to study something different and take part in important discoveries to help the nation develop can take up this study. This study makes one know the Earth and its neighbors in space properly. Students specializing in these studies are regarded as earth scientists. They utilize their studies to conserve the available energy resources, track down mineral reserves, analyze human activities and try their best to keep the Earth unaffected.
The students can take up various branches of earth Science to specialize in for a great career:
- Geology - Science of earth
- Meteorology -Science of Atmosphere
- Oceanography - Science of Oceans
- Astronomy -Science of Universe
The students focusing on these branches have a nice career as geologists, meteorologists, oceanographer and astronomers.
- BSc. Geology
- BSc. Geography
- BSc. Oceanography
- BSc. Environmental Science
- BSc. Water Management
- M.Tech Remote Sensing
- M.Tech. Atmospheric Science
- MA. Geography
- MSc. Geography
- MSc. Oceanography
- MSc. Remote Sensing
- MSc. Marine Biology
- MSc. Cartography
- MSc. Atmospheric Science
- MSc. Climatology
- MSc. Meteorology
- MSc. Agricultural Meteorology
- MSc. Space Sciences
- MSc. Hydrology
- MSc. Mineral Exploration and Processing
- MSc. Environmental Science
- MSc. Geoinformatics
For undergraduate level of study, the students must have 10+2 Board examinations pass in Science subjects. Geography must be one of the subjects of study. This course lasts for 3 years.
For post graduate degrees in earth Science one must have B Sc in Geography or Science Subjects. This is a 2 year duration course and M Sc, M Phil and Ph D degrees are offered.
- Seismologists study the earthquakes well and understand the impact on the land forms of the earth. They work with important government agencies.
- Mining and construction experts take geophysicists who are experts in studying magnetic, gravitational, electrical and seismic properties of the earth.
- They can work as soil scientists for agencies to survey sites, land reclamation and waste disposal systems.
- They can work in weather offices and news agencies in sectors relating to earth news.
- Teachers of earth Science in various schools. Universities and research laboratories.
- They can work as mineralogists and help in mineral exploration, construction site investigation and building design.
- They can get work in Defense agencies.