Pharmacist is not just giving medicines over the counter but knowing the impact of different drugs on different parts of the body, read further to know the details!
Students look for different areas to study and have a good future. Pharmacy can be a good field of study to start a career in medicine. It requires understanding of pharmaceutical affects on the nervous system, digestive system, endocrine systems and cardiovascular systems thoroughly. The students doing these courses are called pharmacists. They have the idea of drugs and can prescribe drugs over the counter to treat patients effectively.
There are several branches of pharmacy in which a candidate can study in for a brilliant future ahead:
- Pharmaceutical Sciences that includes pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry, Pharmacology.
- Pharmacy Practice like hospital pharmacy and clinical pharmacy.
The pharmacists are given the knowledge to transform medicine and drugs into correct dosages for proper treatment. The students have good idea of biology and chemistry to excel in this field of study.
Students having Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 10+2 level and have passed 10+2 are eligible for 2 year Diploma in pharmacy courses.
B Pharma students must also have 10+2 results with Physics, chemistry and Biology as subjects of study. The course duration is 4 years.
M Pharma course duration is 2 years and requires the candidates to pass B Pharma with good marks.
- They can work as counseling experts in hospitals and nursing homes to talk with patients and know their medical history.
- Pharmacists can have their own business with good idea of drugs.
- They can work in the research sector with strong analytical abilities and strong academic skills.
- Pharmacy students can work as medical representatives for pharmaceutical companies with good convincing attitude and excellent communication skills.
- They can be absorbed in hospitals and nursing homes for working in the drug giving counter.
- They can even assist doctors.
- They are taken by companies to look after their employees in absence of the doctors.
- They are appointed in hotels and places related to services to customers.
- Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate)
- M.Pharm- Pharmacology
- M.Pharm-Pharmaceutical Technology
- M.Pharm-Pharmacy Practice
- M.Pharm-Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- M.Pharm- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- M.Pharm-Pharmaceutical Analysis
- M.Pharm- Industrial Pharmacy
- M.Pharm- Quality Assurance
- M.Pharm- Pharmaceutical Marketing & Management
- M.Pharm-Bulk Drugs