Are you Interested for a Free Skype/Phone Counselling?
We live in a country that is predominantly agricultural economy. It would be right to say that agriculture occupies a vital place in the economic development of India. A candidate specializing in the field and graduating in the stream would be called an ‘agriculturist’. Agriculture as the term suggest is not merely limited to sowing of seeds and cultivation of land. The term is much broader in prospects.
There are many different opportunities available in agriculture course today to specialize in –
Those focussing on the course with bright career prospects in mind can opt for horticulture, poultry farming or dairying – which are some of the trending courses today.
For the undergraduate course the eligibility criteria would be –
Passed Std. XII or Higher Secondary examination with Science subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The course duration is 3 years.
For the Postgraduate courses the eligibility criteria is –
Bachelor’s degree with science – Physics, Chemistry or Biology as their subjects. The duration of the course is 2 years.
Agriculture offers a lot of scope with respect to job opportunities –
1. Commercialization of the field - Agriculture in India has taken to commercialization and with it has brought about a lot of opportunities in the field of horticulture, sericulture, dairying, etc.
2. Opportunity for Horticulturists & Landscapers - The candidates get a chance to get employed in resorts, hotels or health farms.
3. Self-Start-up - Postgraduate students can work as researchers, or even better – start their own set up.
4. Estates & Plantations - Food Corporations, Tea Estates, plantations, Tea gardens, Agro-Industries, Agricultural Engineering Industry [manufacturing of farm structures, machineries for farming, water conservation, etc.] offer many opportunities with good remuneration.
5. Service sector – Agricultural technicians, vets, consultants, etc. – these are some of the opportunities that can open doors of employment for the young agriculturists.
NTA Declares JEE (Main) January 2019 Result National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared the JEE Main 2019 January result on the official website. The...
We often heard the word “Ayurveda” that is mostly related to nature and purity and mostly use to cure the patients. BAMS is a UG degree designed...
Do not leave it until the last minute. While some students do seem to thrive on last-minute cramming, it’s widely accepted that this is not the...
IIM Kozhikode is ranked five in the MHRD-NIRF 2018 rankings for the best management institutes in the nation. The fee for MBA/ PGDM courses at IIM...
The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow is listed as the fourth member of the prestigious IIM Fraternity. IIM Lucknow expanded its area of...