Are you Interested in Career Counselling?
We live in a country that is predominantly agricultural economy. It would be right to say that agriculture occupies a vital place in the economic development of India. A candidate specializing in the field and graduating in the stream would be called an ‘agriculturist’. Agriculture as the term suggest is not merely limited to sowing of seeds and cultivation of land. The term is much broader in prospects.
There are many different opportunities available in agriculture course today to specialize in –
Those focussing on the course with bright career prospects in mind can opt for horticulture, poultry farming or dairying – which are some of the trending courses today.
For the undergraduate course the eligibility criteria would be –
Passed Std. XII or Higher Secondary examination with Science subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The course duration is 3 years.
For the Postgraduate courses the eligibility criteria is –
Bachelor’s degree with science – Physics, Chemistry or Biology as their subjects. The duration of the course is 2 years.
Agriculture offers a lot of scope with respect to job opportunities –
1. Commercialization of the field - Agriculture in India has taken to commercialization and with it has brought about a lot of opportunities in the field of horticulture, sericulture, dairying, etc.
2. Opportunity for Horticulturists & Landscapers - The candidates get a chance to get employed in resorts, hotels or health farms.
3. Self-Start-up - Postgraduate students can work as researchers, or even better – start their own set up.
4. Estates & Plantations - Food Corporations, Tea Estates, plantations, Tea gardens, Agro-Industries, Agricultural Engineering Industry [manufacturing of farm structures, machineries for farming, water conservation, etc.] offer many opportunities with good remuneration.
5. Service sector – Agricultural technicians, vets, consultants, etc. – these are some of the opportunities that can open doors of employment for the young agriculturists.
TS ECET Result 2019: The result for the Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS ECET) is expected today. The exam conducted on May 11...
State Institute of Fine Arts Rohtak Admission & Entrance Exam 2019 SUPVA Rohtak Admission & Entrance Exam 2019 - State University of...
Punjabi University Patiala notified Admission to MBA Entrance Exam 2019 Punjabi University Patiala MBA Entrance Exam 2019 - Punjabi University,...
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Gandhinagar announces BTech Admission 2019 PDPU B Tech Admission 2019 - Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University...
NLU Delhi Invites Applications for LLM Professional Admission 2019-20 NLU Delhi LLM Professional Admission 2019 - National Law University Delhi has...