Are you Interested for a Free Skype/Phone Counselling?
We live in a country that is predominantly agricultural economy. It would be right to say that agriculture occupies a vital place in the economic development of India. A candidate specializing in the field and graduating in the stream would be called an ‘agriculturist’. Agriculture as the term suggest is not merely limited to sowing of seeds and cultivation of land. The term is much broader in prospects.
There are many different opportunities available in agriculture course today to specialize in –
Those focussing on the course with bright career prospects in mind can opt for horticulture, poultry farming or dairying – which are some of the trending courses today.
For the undergraduate course the eligibility criteria would be –
Passed Std. XII or Higher Secondary examination with Science subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The course duration is 3 years.
For the Postgraduate courses the eligibility criteria is –
Bachelor’s degree with science – Physics, Chemistry or Biology as their subjects. The duration of the course is 2 years.
Agriculture offers a lot of scope with respect to job opportunities –
1. Commercialization of the field - Agriculture in India has taken to commercialization and with it has brought about a lot of opportunities in the field of horticulture, sericulture, dairying, etc.
2. Opportunity for Horticulturists & Landscapers - The candidates get a chance to get employed in resorts, hotels or health farms.
3. Self-Start-up - Postgraduate students can work as researchers, or even better – start their own set up.
4. Estates & Plantations - Food Corporations, Tea Estates, plantations, Tea gardens, Agro-Industries, Agricultural Engineering Industry [manufacturing of farm structures, machineries for farming, water conservation, etc.] offer many opportunities with good remuneration.
5. Service sector – Agricultural technicians, vets, consultants, etc. – these are some of the opportunities that can open doors of employment for the young agriculturists.
MAKAUT WB CET 2019 Notification out ! MAKAUT 2019 CET Notification: The Moulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), West Bengal had...
Shri Mata Vaishno Delhi University (SMVDU) MBA Program 2019 SMVDU MBA Admissions 2019 - Shri Mata Vaishno Delhi University (SMVDU), Katra has...
PG Common Entrance Test (SKUCET) 2019 Admission into Postgraduate Courses PG Common Entrance Test (SKUCET) 2019 - The Convener (SKUCET-2019),...
PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2019 for Admission to MD MS Courses for July 2019 Session PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2019 for PG Courses (MD, MS) -...
NCHMCT 2019 - National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility (NHTET) May 2019 NCHMCT 2019 - National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology...