JIPMER MBBS 2016 – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education& Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry
This is a medical school in India, and the oldest to teach European medicine in Asia. It is located at Pondicherry, the capital of the union territory of Puducherry, in southern India. The institute commonly known as JIPMER has appeared as one among the top best 5 medical colleges in India and is roosted to become the worldwide giant in health sector. The institute was established in 1956 under Government of India and has been affirmed as an Institution of National Importance by a Parliamentary Act that is JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. Spread across 192.2 acre campus in an urban region of Puducherry (previously Pondicherry), JIPMER is about 170 kms away from Chennai.
They are conducting JIPMER MBBS 2016 entrance exam on June 5, 2016 at 75 different designated centres in a computer based version. This national level entrance test is applied by around 1.5 lakh candidates with a desire to pursue MBBS from one of the most premium medical institutes in India. Every year Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) invite applications from Resident Indian Nationals including OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) for admission to the various courses. But the entrance exam is commonly known for the admission to the MBBS course.
We from Bright Educational Services has sorted all the required information and dedicated this article for latest updates and news regarding the complete details of JIPMER MBBS 2016. Aspiring candidates are requested to go through this article and for more descriptive information we from Bright Educational Services (BES) invite you to your nearest BES centre and browse www.besonline.in
JIPMER MBBS 2016 Entrance Exam is conducted for admission to a total of 150 MBBS seats in JIPMER Pudducherry and 50 MBBS seats in Karaikal.The admission to 200 MBBS seats offered at JIPMER will be done strictly as per the candidate’s rank in JIPMER 2016.
The allocation of the seats will be prepared as per the following criteria:
|Candidate’s Category||Number of JIPMER MBBS Seats & Reservation at Puducherry Campus||Number of JIPMER MBBS Seats & Reservation at Karaikal Campus|
|P – OBC||11||5|
|NRI/OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5||1|
JIPMER MBBS 2016: Important Dates
|Exam Date||June 5, 2016|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Duration||2.30 hrs|
|Minimum age requirement||17 years as on December 31, 2016|
|Application Date||March 7 to May 4, 2016|
|Marking scheme||1 Mark for correct answer and 0 Mark for incorrect answers (There is no negative marking)|
|Result Date||June 13, 2016|
|June 20-22, 2016|
- Exam Name – JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam
- Exam Category – Undergraduate (UG)
- Exam Level – National level
- Conducting Body – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
Candidates must have to meet the prescribed eligibility criteria at the time of applying for the exam to get admission in JIPMER MBBS 2016.
- Age Requirement:
- Age Limit: Applicant must be at least 17 years old as on December 31, 2016
- Candidate must born on or before: January 01, 2000 (01-01-2000)
- Nationality:Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) is also eligible for appearing in JIPMER MBBS 2016 entrance exam.
- Educational Qualification:
- Candidates applying for JIPMER MBBS 2016 entrance exam must have appeared or will be appearing for class 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2016 academic session
- The candidate must appear and qualify the class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English as per the syllabus prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
- General category candidate must secured at least 50% marks in PCB while 45% is for General PH and 40% SC / ST / OBC category candidates
The application form will be available from March 7, 2016 and last date for online registration is May 4, 2016. Candidates are advised to fill application form within the prescribed dates otherwise they will not be able to appear for the entrance exam. Candidates must note that the JIPMER MBBS application form will be available in online mode only. Candidates are advised to go through the prospectus carefully to ascertain the fact that they meet all the eligibility criteria before beginning the online registration for JIPMER MBBS 2016. It must be noted that no change in the details will be entertained once the form is submitted, therefore aspirant must be careful during the form fill up.
- Examination Fee:The cost of JIPMER MBBS 2016 entrance exam is Rs. 1000 for General, OBC and Rs. 800 for SC / ST category candidates.
- Mode of Payment:The exam fee can be paid either through credit card/debit card or net banking
Exam Day time schedule related to JIPMER MBBS 2016:
|Exam Detail||Time & schedule|
|Entrance Examination||05.06.2016 (Sunday) 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM|
|Reporting Time||07:30 Onwards|
|Entry to Exam Centre closes at||09:15 AM|
|No Late Entry will be permitted under any circumstances beyond||09:15 AM|
|Start of Examination||10:00 AM|
|Candidates will be permitted to leave the hall||12:30 PM|
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
Puducherry- 605 006
Website: http: www.jipmer.edu.in
Stay tuned to www.besonline.in for more news and latest articles on JIPMER 2016.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Message’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]