ACJ Chennai Admission to Postgraduate Diploma Programs for 2019-20
Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) Chennai PG Diploma Admission 2019 – ACJ Chennai invites application for admission to its two Postgraduate Diploma Programs for the academic year 2019-20
This entrance exam is conducted annually for granting admission to students who wish to pursue their post-graduation diploma course from the Asian College of Journalism (ACJ)
Candidates can get complete details about the Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) Entrance Exam 2019 on this page below.
- Last Date for receiving Applications: 08th April 2019
- Date of ACJ Entrance Exam 2019: 28th April 2019 (Sunday, 09.00 am to 02.00 pm)
ACJ 2019 Details
- Asian College of Journalism is dedicated to the task of producing such journalists. It is a postgraduate college designed to provide students with excellent journalism education adapted to the specific needs of India and other developing countries in Asia.
- Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) offers Postgraduate Programs to candidates
Postgraduate Programs Specialisations
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism – There are four streams of specialization- Print, New Media, Television and Radio
Core Courses offered
- The Core Courses offered at ACJ are as mentioned below:
- Reporting, Writing & Editing
- Tools of the Modern Journalist
- Key Issues in Journalism
- Media Perspectives
- The Media, Law & Society
- Recently, ACJ in collaboration with Bloomberg has also launched a new postgraduate diploma course in Business and Financial Journalism (BFJ)
- ACJ Entrance Exam 2019 exam dates have not been declared yet. However, last year the entrance exam was conducted on 28th April 2019
- A Bachelor’s Degree is mandatory. Graduates in any discipline and students awaiting their degree examination results are eligible to apply for admission to the ACJ. Enrolled students should provide their degree certificate to the Registrar within the first week of commencement of classes
- The Exam will be offered in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi, Ranchi, Patna, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and possibly other cities, depending on the number of applications received from a particular region
- The exam will be delivered online in real time and will be in two parts: (a) to test the applicant’s English language skills and facility and (b) the awareness of current affairs and general knowledge. It will also test the candidates’ writing ability and assess their analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Other procedures may be prescribed for candidates from abroad
- Morning Session: 9.00 am to 02.00 pm English (Paper Pattern)
- Tea Break: 11.30 am – 12 noon
- Afternoon Session: 12 pm to 1.30 pm General Knowledge (Paper pattern)
- (The paper pattern may change this year as the exam will be delivered online)
- After a careful assessment of applications, short-listed candidates will be required to take an entrance examination on 28th April 2019 (Sunday) between 09.00 am to 02.00 pm
How to Apply?
- Application Form may either be submitted ONLINE or DOWNLOADED and completed. Application Form can be filled online by the candidates by visiting the official website www.asianmedia.org.in the online application is a five-step process that includes.
Application Fee Details
- Application whether online or hard copy will need to be sent along with an application fee of Rs.2000/-
- Candidates applying for both programmes need to pay only a consolidated processing fee of Rs.3000/- the fee can be remitted as an online transfer or sent as a Demand Draft in favour of “Media Development Foundation”, payable at Chennai with your reference number, full name, email id and mobile number written on the back of the DD.
- In the case of online transfer the applicant will be directed to the Online Payment gateway once the form is completely filled.
- The applicant is requested to keep Credit Card/ Debit card/ Net Banking details ready for making the payment. The applicant using the payment gateway service is required to pay the convenience fee as prescribed by the service
- SC/ST applicants are exempt from the application fee on production of their community certificates.
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.