BITS Pilani announces admissions to PhD Program (Full/Part Time) – August 2019 Session
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2019-20 – Birla Institute of Technology Science (BITS) Pilani invites applications for admission to First Semester Full Time and Part Time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered at Hyderabad, Goa and Pilani Campuses for the academic session 2019-20
Check out the 2019 Admission Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fees, Entrance Exam Syllabus of BITS Pilani PhD Courses.
- The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani announce admissions to PhD Programme (full time and part time) starting August 2019 to be offered across its 3 Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
- BITS Pilani is a Deemed to be University, offering on-campus programs to around 15000 students including over 11000 Doctoral students across its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai. BITS Pilani has been recently recognized as in “Institute of Eminence” by MHRD and is India’s highest ranked non-Govt. Institute as declared in various reputed world ranking like QS BRICS, QS Asia and QS India in 2019.
PhD Admissions (First Semester 2019-2020)
- Applications are invited for First Semester admissions to the PhD Program (Full time and Part time) starting August 2019 in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses of BITS Pilani in the following Departments:
- Science: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
- Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical
- Economics & Finance, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management
- Department openings with regard to Full and Part time student admission are tabulated below:
Program Offered at Campuses
- Applications are invited for admission to PhD Programs at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses in following disciplines:
- Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Economics and Finance, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmacy, Physics, Humanities and Social Sciences, Interdisciplinary areas such as Biotechnology, Energy, Environment, Robotics, Nano-science & Nanotechnology, Water Management
- For availability of full time/part time PhD admissions in any specific discipline at a campus, please refer to www.bitsadmission.com (Visit respective Dept. Website for further details)
Important Dates for BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2019-20
- Admission Portal Open: 15th April 2019
- Last Date for filling application form online: 16th May 2019; 5:00 PM
- Declaration of shortlisted candidates (on BITS admission website): 31st May 2019
- Test/Interview: 19th July 2019
- Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes (on BITS admission website): 23rd July 2019
- Date of Admission: 29th July 2019
- Freshman Orientation Programme: 31st July 2019
- Date of Registration: 08th August 2019
- Any Higher Degree such as M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- Candidates with an M.Sc./BE./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for PhD admission subject to their suitability and competence. For PhD Program in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
Full Time Students
- Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D. Short listed candidates will be required to come to designated campuses at Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad, for test and/or interview. The seats under full time schemes are limited so preference will be given to candidates working in ongoing sponsored projects in the Institute, and the CSIR/UGC-NET qualified candidates
Part Time Students
- Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be admitted under this scheme
- Those admitted to full time PhD Program will be considered for Project/Research Assistantships to the tune of Rs.25000/- per month
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other developmental program of the institute under the guidance of a mentor
- Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD Program are eligible to be considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 25000/- per month in the first year. Higher assistantship will be made available in subsequent years.
- Consideration for fellowship will be as per Institute norms. It will be obligatory on the part of every admitted Full time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work as assigned to him/her by the institute.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application form available online at www.bitsadmission.com and take the printout of the filled form.
- Online application will close on 16th May 2019 at 17.00 hrs. Name of shortlisted candidates will be declared on BITS Admission website, i.e. www.bitsadmission.com/phmain.aspx on 31st May 2019
- Completed Application Form along with the prescribed fee of Rs.2200/- should be sent to Dean Admissions, BITS Pilani-333031 so as to reach on or before 05.00 pm 31st May 2019
- Details of fee payment modes are available at the website while applying online
- Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following disciplines: Biological Science/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific
The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I Question Paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in allotted 1 hr time. Each correct answer will awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
- Test-II will be subject-based and will consist of 70 multiple-choice type questions covering the prescribed syllabus as given below. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in allotted 2 hr time. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
- (II) Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following disciplines: Languages/Humanistic Studies/Economics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific. The details of the tests are as follows:
Test-I will comprise of the following components:
- Reading Comprehension: 2 Passages (5 Qs each=10 Qs) 20 minutes
- Logical Reasoning 10 question 10 minutes
- Analytical Reasoning 15 question 15 minutes
- General Awareness 10 question 15 minutes
Test-II will be discipline specific (60 questions)
- (III) Candidates shortlisted for Test in Pharmacy: The Pharmacy test would be a 2 Hours test consisting of two parts. Part-A would be common to all and would consist of questions in general Pharmacy subjects and Part-B will be based on subject taken by students in their M. Pharm Degree Program
- (IV) Candidates appearing for interview for PhD Program in the Department of Management will be required to take a written case analysis (Duration: 1 hour)
- (V) Candidates appearing for interview for PhD Program in the Department of CSIS with highest degree as BE will be required to take a 2 hours objective type written test
- (VI) Candidates appearing for interview for Ph.D. program in the Department of Chemical Engineering with highest degree as BE will be required to take a 2 hours objective type written test
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.