Kanpur University CSJMU PhD Entrance Exam 2019
Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Kanpur PhD Admission 2019 – Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to PhD (Doctoral of Philosophy) Program (CSJMUET) for academic year 2019.
The Applicants meet the required eligibility, fees, selection process, how to procedure may apply for the PhD Degree Program Admissions into CSJMU Kanpur University.
About the PhD Program
- CSJMU for Providing Admissions PhD Programs for session 2019-20 conducts the “Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Entrance Test (CSJMU-ET)” for PhD admission.
- CSJM University is offering admission to PhD Program 2019 in various disciplines as per UGC (Minimum Standards & Procedure for Award of PhD Degrees) Regulations 2016 and CSJMU PhD ordinance.
- PhD Program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- Subject to the conditions stipulated in UGC Regulations-2016, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the PhD Program:
- Candidate for admission to the PhD Program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institute accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other category of candidate as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the category mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to pursue research for the PhD degree in the subject in which he/she holds Master’s degree.
- Provided that an M.Com. or M.Sc. (Ag) in Agriculture Economics may be permitted to work for PhD degree in Economics in the Faculty of Art and an M.A. in Economics may be permitted to work for the PhD Degree in Agriculture Economics in the Faculty of Agriculture.
- Provided further that an M.A. or M.Sc. in Mathematics may be permitted to work for PhD degree in Statistics in the Faculty of Science
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility to appear for the CSJMU ET2019. The organizing institution will not verify your eligibility. Your eligibility will be verified at the time of counselling with original testimonials/documents.
- Subjects in which Research facility is available – Arts, Commerce, Life Science, Business Management, Medicine, Education, Agricultural, Advanced Social Science Study.
- The University shall admit Ph.D. students through an entrance test named as “Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Entrance Test (CSJMU-ET)” for Ph.D. admission.
- Subject to the provisions contained in clause (8) of section 7 of the Uttar Pradesh State Universities Act, 1973, CSJMU-ET shall be conducted in specified subjects/disciplines by the University.
Exemptions from the Entrance Test:
- The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Entrance Test for admission to Ph.D. Program:
- Permanent Assistant Professors, Associate Professors & Professors having appointment on substantive posts in the teaching departments of the University or a Govt. College /Govt. aided college affiliated / associated to the University who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least Two years of uninterrupted service.
- Candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowship/scholarship/associateship etc. from UGC(NET-JRF)/CSIR(NET-JRF)/ GATE-MHRD Scholarship/ Teacher Fellowship/DBT/ ICMR/ICAR/DST-INSPIRE/SLET.
Details of Fee
- Application Fee (for each subject) is Rs.1500/- for General and OBC category and Rs.1000/- for SC/ST category and PwD subcategory.
- Please note that this fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment mode only.
How to Apply?
- The Ph.D. Application form has to be filled Online for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- The Online Application form will be filled by candidates required to appear for the Entrance Test as well as candidates exempted from the Entrance Test for admission to Ph.D. Program.
- Obtained printout of the application form with all the enclosures should reach:
- In-charge Academics,
- EDP Center, Center for Academics,
- CSJM University,
- Kanpur-208 024 (U.P.)
- The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed as “Application for Ph.D. Entrance” and name of the subject should be clearly mentioned on the envelope.
- Applications received after the due date or without the prescribed Fee and other documents or incompletely filled-in application will be summarily rejected.
- Detailed instructions, syllabi and other Ph.D. Entrance 2019 related information are available on the link “Online application for admission to Ph.D. Degree Program 2019” at University website www.kanpuruniversity.org.
- Commencement of Online application: 08th January 2019 (Tuesday)
- Website closure for submission of online application: 11th February 2019 (Monday)
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of completed application: 16th February 2019 (Saturday)
- Admit Card Release: 18th February 2019 (Monday)
- Date of Entrance Test: 26th February 2019 (Tuesday)
- Declaration of Entrance Result: 04th March 2019 (Monday)
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.