Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy Visakhapatnam notifies B.Tech Admission 2019-20
IIPE Visakhapatnam B.Tech Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy (IIPE) Visakhapatnam (AP) invites applications from the Indian citizens for admission into 4-year B.Tech. Programs in the following disciplines for the academic session 2019-20
Candidates can also follow the link given below to apply for IIPE Visakhapatnam B.Tech Admission 2019. All the other details regarding IIPE B Tech Admission 2019 has been mentioned below.
For UG Courses Offered
- Tech. (Petroleum Engineering)
- Tech (Chemical Engineering)
- Tech (Petroleum Engineering)
- Petroleum Engineering is the branch of engineering with primary focus on exploration and production of Oil & Gas
- Objective of the program is to prepare graduates for professional practice in industry in the field of Petroleum Engineering Technology with emphasis on upstream activities that encompass exploration, reservoir and production
- Tech (Chemical Engineering)
- The Program aims to develop competent Chemical Engineers with specific emphasis on industry centric talent requirements
- The Program plans to expose the students to the fundamentals of Chemical Engineering and in still innovative thinking to solve the problems related to energy, environment, etc.
Duration of Course
- The following Undergraduate Programs are offered by the Institute – 4-year Courses in Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering leading to the award of B.Tech. Degree
- Petroleum Engineering (Number of Seats = 50)
- Chemical Engineering (Number of Seats = 50)
- Admission will be based on JEE (Advanced) – 2019 Rank List
- Performance in Class XII (or Equivalent) Board Examinations: The candidate should satisfy at least one of the following two criteria for admission to IITs
- Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks of SC, ST and PWD candidates should be at least 65%
- Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class XII (or equivalent) board examination. The percentile calculation will be done for the required subjects in a single academic year only. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the cut-off marks for fulfilling the top 20% criterion (i) Physics, (ii) Chemistry, (iii) Mathematics, (iv) A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered), (v) Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered)
- For calculation of the total marks for five subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject is NOT out of 100, then the marks will be scaled (up or down) to 100 so that the total aggregate marks is out of 500.
- However, the onus lies on the candidate to prove that he / she is within the top 20% at the time of physical Registration / verification for admission by way of proper authenticated credential, failing which his/her registration / admission stands cancelled and the 25 % of the advance tuition fee paid by him / her shall be forfeited
- Admission to these programmes will be on the basis of scores in JEE (Advanced) – 2019 Rank List.
- Reservation Policy as per the Government of India directives will be applicable.
- Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
- Scheduled Castes (SC): 15%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 27%
How to Apply
- Candidates are requested to follow the IIPE website (iipe.ac.in) regularly for results and admission related updates. No personal communication will be entertained for admission
- Admission forms can be filled-up on-line only after payment of Application fee of Rs.1000/-(for UR & OBC) and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH.
- Online submission of applications can be done from June 15, 2019 (Saturday) to July 12, 2019 (Friday). Those allotted seats in any round of allotment are required to pay a Registration Fee of Rs. 30,000/- in case of GEN/OBC and Rs. 20,000/- in case of SC/ST, through online payment portal.
- Registration at Visakhapatnam with remaining fees for First Semester for the candidates of 1 to 4 round is August 1-2, 2019 (Thursday-Friday). Candidates who have been provisionally allotted seat by paying advance fee online have to imperatively report physically on August 1-2, 2019 between 10 am and 4 pm at IIPE office at Visakhapatnam along with the originals of the certificates and credentials along with DD for balance fee
- All Certificates, Marks Sheets & Other Documents in Original with 2 sets of photocopies are to be produced. The documents include (i) All certificates (Pass Certificate, if any and Marks Sheets/ Grade Cards) for 10 Class and 12 Class (ii) Original Admit Card of JEE (Advanced) 2019 and Downloaded Score Card of JEE(Advanced) 2019 (iii) Date of Birth proof (SSC / XII Certificate which contains the Date of Birth) (iv) provisional Seat Allotment Letter along with copy of the application (v) Proof of payment of advance fee for seat acceptance of Rs.30,000 (for GEN, OBC) or Rs.20,000 (for SC, ST) (vi) Colour Passport Size and Stamp Size Photographs with white background (at least 12 numbers each) (vii) Duly certified original medical report from Government Medical officer (viii) Caste Certificate (OBC / SC / ST), if applicable (Issued by competent authority) (ix) Physical Disability certificate (if applicable) for PH candidates. The originals will be returned after verification and self-attested copies will be retained at the Reporting Centre.
- Admission will be cancelled in respect of those candidates who do not produce the original testimonials or fail to pay the balance of the fee, and the seats shall be made open for the spot admissions.
- Admission fee of the candidates not selected in the final list will be totally refunded. In the event of student/candidate withdrawing before the Registration, the admission fee will be refunded after deduction of the processing fee of Rs. 1000/-. However if any candidate withdraws his/her admission after the Registration, no refund will be entertained.
- Spot admission, if any, will be notified around first week of Aug 2019
- Academic session for 1 semester starts on August 9, 2019 (Friday)
- Start date for online submission of application: 15th June 2019
- Last date for online submission of application: 12th July 2019
- Result of First Round of allotment of Students: 13th July 2019
- Last date for acceptance of Registration Fee through online payment portal for First Round (Rs. 30,000/- in case of GEN/OBC &Rs. 20,000/- in case of SC/ST): 16th July 2019
- Result of Second Round of Allotment of Students: 17th July 2019
- Last date for acceptance of Registration Fee through online payment portal for Second Round (Rs. 30,000/- in case of GEN/OBC and Rs. 20,000/- in case of SC/ST): 20th July 2019
- Result of Third Round of Allotment of Students: 21st July 2019
- Last date for acceptance of Registration Fee through online payment portal for Third Round (Rs. 30,000/- in case of GEN/OBC and Rs. 20,000/- in case of SC/ST): 24th July 2019
- Result of Fourth Round of Allotment of Students: 25th July 2019
- Last date for acceptance of Registration Fee through online payment portal for Fourth Round (Rs. 30,000/- in case of GEN/OBC and Rs. 20,000/- in case of SC/ST): 28th July 2019
- Registration at Visakhapatnam with remaining fees for First Semester for the candidates of 1st to 4th round 01st – 02nd August 2019
- Academic session for 1st semester starts 09th August 2019
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.