IISER TVM announces to PhD Admission August 2019 Notification
IISER TVM PhD Admission 2019 – Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the PhD Program of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM), starting August 2019
Interested candidates can check all the details of PhD Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, procedure etc from this page give below.
PhD Research Areas
- Research Areas in School of Biology open for PhD students:
- Ecology, Evolution and Behavior (Group1, Group2)
- Bacterial Genetics and Cell Biology
- Cellular Plasticity and Reprogramming in Plants
- Drosophila Development and Energy Homeostasis
- Genome Stability
- Immune Cell Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- Plant Molecular Genetics
- Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
- Structural Molecular Biology
- Research Areas in School of Chemistry open for PhD students
- Inorganic and organometallic chemistry
- Organic synthesis, Medicinal chemistry, Carbohydrate chemistry, Chemical Biology
- Organic Synthesis/DNA Nanotechnology/Supramolecular Chemistry
- Protein structure determination through NMR spectroscopy
- Inorganic & Materials Chemistry
- Development of new synthetic strategies, C–H activations and Asymmetric catalysis
- Planar pi-conjugated and extended macrocyclic systems
- Photochemistry, Photophysics, Nanomaterials
- Biomass conversion
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- Asymmetric synthesis and Catalysis
- Online Application will be available from: 01st March 2019
- Last Date of Receipt of the Application Form: 30th April 2019
Interview Dates (Tentative)
- PhD interview dates for School of Biology: 27th – 29th May 2019
- PhD interview dates for School of Chemistry: 20th – 21st June 2019
- PhD interview dates for School of Mathematics: 18th – 19th June 2019
- PhD interview dates for School of Physics: 12th – 13th June 2019
- Reporting time for all candidates 8.30 am on the first day of the interview
- Venue: IISER Thiruvananthapuram, Vithura Campus
- Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Master’s degree (A five-year degree after +2 level) in Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/ Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS)
- The qualifying degree should have been obtained within 5 years as on 01st August 2019
- The applicant must have a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on a scale of 10, or equivalent. According to your mark list if your CGPA is not calculated on a scale of 10, please convert the CGPA to a scale of 10 and enter in the space provided
- Qualification in one of the following national level tests, with validity as on 01st January 2019: CSIR-UGC-JRF/DBT-JRF (Category I)*/ ICMR-JRF*/ Ranks 1 to 90 in GATE (Ecology and Evolution)/JGEEBILS (GS-2019) or; the candidate should be eligible for DST-Inspire PhD fellowship
- Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR sponsored projects are not eligible.
- GATE (EY) qualified candidates are eligible only for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour. GATE exam scores for other subjects will not be considered for PhD admissions to IISER-TVM
- Candidates who appeared for the JGEEBILS 2019 test are eligible to apply. JGEEBILS candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks provided by the JGEEBILS exam organizers
- Candidate must have a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent; the candidate must have qualified CSIR-UGC-JRF/GATE examinations valid as on 01st January 2019 or DST INSPIRE PhD Fellowship
- Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Materials Science, Engineering (Biomedical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Electronic, and Communication Engineering), in areas closely related to the interests of the physics faculty at IISER TVM; 60% marks or equivalent is desirable
- Qualifying in one of the following National Level Exam with validity as on 01st January 2019: GATE#/CSIR-UGC-JRF/JEST-2019/INSPIRE PhD Fellowship
- Applicants with M. Tech need a GATE score valid as of 01st January 2019
- Short-listed candidates will have to appear for interviews conducted at IISER-TVM. There will be two rounds of interviews, conducted over three days. In case of a high turnout of candidates, an entrance exam will be conducted (based on Master’s level Biology questions for 70% marks and 12th level Physics, Math, Chemistry questions-together 30%) on the first day of interviews
- Hence, all the short-listed candidates must report at IISER-TVM on the first day of the interviews
- Final selection of candidates will solely be based on your performance during the interviews
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at IISER-TVM. The selection of the candidate will be based on the performance in the interview.
- Positions are open in the following research areas: Experimental Condensed Matter Physics and Optics
How to Apply?
- Applicants should complete the Online Application Form in the URL https://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
- Only Properly submitted applications would be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not forget to click the “submit” button after completing your application
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate and national level examination (CSIR/NBHM/Inspire etc.) online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form.
- GE/OBC [SC/ST/PH] applicants are required to make a payment of Rs.500/- [Rs.250/-] as processing fee through the https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm
- Choose Kerala -> Educational Institutions -> IISER Thiruvananthapuram -> PhD Application Fee submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique application number
- Applicants are NOT required to post hard copy of the application to IISER-TVM
- In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the PhD coordinator [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Other mode of communication will not be entertained
- Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the test and interview.
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.