Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna announces PhD Admission 2019
IIT Patna PhD Admission 2019 Notification – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program, starting in July 2019 in the following Departments.
Interested candidates can check all the details of PhD Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, procedure etc from this page give below.
Name of the Dept.:
- Chemical & Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Materials Science & Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics
PhD Program – Research
- The areas of research in IIT Patna are as follows:
- Chemical & Biochemical Engineering: Process system engineering, Process design and optimization, Process Integration, Energy management, Pinch Analysis, Renewable energy integration for process applications, Scheduling and optimization of batch processes, Sustainable engineering of resources, Modeling and simulation, Transport phenomena, Electrochemical energy storage, fuel cells and batteries, solar cells, Modeling and simulation, Waste Water Treatment Technology, Microwave Assisted Material/Biomaterial Processing, Renewable energy sources and their applications, Catalysis, Nanocatalyst synthesis, characterization and application, Gasification/ Pyrolysis, Chemical Reaction Engineering and Reactor Design, Heat Transfer, Process intensification and purification technology, etc. Molecular Modelling and Simulation, Statistical Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Dynamic and Interfacial Properties of Complex fluids, Development of Novel Materials like superhydrophobic, super-oleophobic, anti-fouling, anti-icing surfaces etc.; Self-Assembled Monolayer in application of chemical sensor
- Chemistry: Organic Chemistry, Carbohydrate Chemistry, Gas Phase Molecular Spectroscopy, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry: Reaction dynamics and spectroscopy, Theory and Molecular Simulation of Liquid, Biochemistry, Biophysical Chemistry Bioorganic Chemistry, DNA Nanotechnology, Coordination driven self-assembly and supra molecular chemistry, Polymer chemistry (synthesis/characterization and applications). Green Polymer Synthesis, Polymer Bioconjugates and Nanomaterials, Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Solid state and Materials Chemistry
- Civil & Environmental Engineering: Environmental Engineering – Water and Wastewater Treatment, Waste Treatment and Resource Recovery, Automated Waste Sorting, Water Treatment, Environmental Application and Implication of Nanoparticles; In-situ groundwater remediation, Colloid transport; Geotechnical Engineering –Ground improvement, Geotechnical Earthquake
- Computer Science & Engineering: Online Algorithms, Complex Networks, Social Networks, Theoretical Computer Science; CAD for VLSI, Real Time Embedded Systems, Algorithms, Deep Learning Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning Applications, Information Extraction, Web mining and Text mining. Peer-to-Peer Systems, Online Social Networks, Complex Networks, Distributed Systems Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems, Big Data Analytics Formal Methods, Abstract Interpretation, Programming Languages, Static Analysis and Verification, Databases. Security & Privacy and Database Systems Lightweight Cryptography, Computer Security, Network Security, Cloud computing Security, Secure Quantum Communication Machine Learning, Multi objective Optimization, Text Mining, Bioinformatics, Soft Computing
- Electrical Engineering: Electrical Engineering – Power System Dynamics and Control, Wide area measurement and control for Power Systems Protection, Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Smart Grid, Renewal Energy Integration, Control systems, Control for cyber physical systems, Statistical signal processing, Signal processing for biological systems; Electronics Engineering: Micro-opto electronics, VLSI Architecture, Processor Architecture, Embedded Systems, System on Chip; Communication Engineering: Digital Communication, Wireless Communication
- Mechanical Engineering: Design of Tribological Element and Lubrication, Under-water robotics, virtual reality, CAD/CAM, Fatigue and Fracture of Welded Joints, sheet metal forming, computational plasticity, molecular dynamics for deformation and damage simulation on metals, In situ analysis of Manufacturing Processes, Friction stir welding, Micro-Friction Stir Welding, Additive Friction Stir Processing, hot deformation of metallic materials, additive manufacturing, Surface Engineering/Tribology, Biomechanics, Condition monitoring, XFEM,FEM/ Mesh free Method, two-phase flows, heat transfer, Boiling, Condensation, Energy, Heat Exchangers, fluid-solid interaction, biophysical hydro/ aerodynamics, Vibrations and Rotordynamics
- Physics: Condensed Matter Physics, Nanoelectronics, Spintronics Quantum Optics (Experimental)Computational Atomic and Molecular Physics Nanoscale device applications based on atomic switch technology Experimental Condensed Matter Physics: Nanomaterials, Magnetic materials, Multiferroics, Nanocomposite, Ferroelectric relax or materials & highly correlated electron materials
Regular and Full-Time
- A student in this category works full-time for her/his PhD degree. They can be classified as
- She/he receives assistantship from the Institute
- The qualifying Degree for Financial Support is BE/ BTech/ M.Sc./MCA equivalent with valid GATE score above the prescribed cut off level/ NET / NBHM/ DBT-JRF qualification. ME/ M.Tech. or equivalent.
- She/he receives fellowship from any government recognized funding agencies, such as CSIR, UGC, DBT, NBHM, DST (INSPIRE Program), etc.
- A student in this category is sponsored by a recognized industrial R&D organization, academic institution (universities/colleges), government organization (defence or other ministries of the Government of India or any other government organizations including PSUs and autonomous bodies) or reputed industries (as may be recognized by this Institute) for doing research in the Institute
- The Institute does not provide any assistantship/fellowship to such a student
- In all the disciplines, the upper age limit is 28 years (B.Tech/BE/M.Sc/MA/MCA/MBA) and 32 years (M.Tech/ME/MS/M.Phil) to be calculates from Regular & Full time category
- Upper age is relaxed upto 05 years in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST/Women, Physically Handicapped and OBC applicants
- For PhD in Engineering: Candidates having M.Tech/M.E degree in Engineering/Technology, with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks (or);
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (from any Institute other than IITs) in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 8.0 or 75% of marks
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 Master’s degree in Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.5 or 70%
- For PhD in Science Programs: Candidates should have M.Phil or master’s degree in Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks (or);
- Candidates should have Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks (or);
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 (or);
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in a related area in Engineering/Technology (from any Institute other than IITs/IISc) in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 8.0 or 75% of marks
- For PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences Program: Candidates should have M.Phil or master’s degree in Arts/Commerce/Science in a relevant area with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 (or);
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (from any Institute other than IITs/IISc) in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.5 or 80% marks
- The Institute may admit exceptionally bright students and full-time (Institute Fellows) directly into the PhD program if they secured the top rank in the last qualifying degree from a reputed Institute/University including but not limited to the IITs‚ IISc Bangalore‚ IIM‚ NITIE‚ IISER‚ NIT‚ NISER.
- Relaxation for SC/ST Candidates: 5% marks or 0.5 CPI will relax Eligibility criteria for SC/ST applicants.
- The reservation of seats in admissions for SC, ST, OBC categories and for Persons with Disability (PD) will be as per Government of India rules. OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates will have to enclose certificate and self-declaration statement as per formats as indicated at Annexure- I and II.
- Candidates having post graduate degree in Basic Science with NET/GATE qualification or graduate degree in Professional program with NET/GATE qualification or post graduate degree in Professional programs will be provided with JRF of Rs.25000/-
- Candidates with JRF qualification with two years of research experience will be provided with Rs.28000/- per month
- The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test or/ and interview, based on performance in GATE/NET, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are requested to use the following link to fill and submit application form online. Link https://academic.iitp.ac.in
- For July 2019 admission in one of the Departments, the online link will remain active till, 02nd April 2019. Please login and fill up all the parts of the application form. Follow the instructions given in the document “Instructions to Candidates” At the end a final PDF will be generated. You can download it from your registered email address or from your application page.
- The application fee of Rs.300/- for General/OBC (Male) candidates and Rs.150/- for SC/ST/PD/Female (all categories) candidates must be submitted through online mode
- Candidates are requested to use the following link to submit application fee online
- The words “Application for PhD admission in the Department of _________” should be written on the top of the envelope for sending the completed form
- Candidates applying for more than one department should submit a separate application for each department
- For more details and information please visit their official website wwwiitp.ac.in
- Start Date of Online Application: 15th March 2019
- Last Date of Online Application: 02nd April 2019
- Last Date for receipt of completed Application Forms by IIT Patna is: 09th April 2019
- Date of Written Exam & Interview Date: To be announced
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.