Institute of Life Sciences Bhubaneswar announces PhD in Biotechnology Courses 2019
Institute of Life Sciences PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2019 – Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research invites applications from Indian nationals for PhD Programs for the academic year 2019-20
ILS – Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar has announced Ph.D. admissions for 2019, candidates can apply for the PhD Admission 2019 at ILS.
PhD Programs in following research areas:
- Cancer Biology
- Infectious Disease Biology
- Interdisciplinary Areas (Human Genetics, Bioinformatics and Clinical Proteomics)
- Note: The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular PhD Program of ILS or through their extra mural projects are listed under the respective research areas.
PhD Program Offered at
- The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular PhD Program of ILS or through their extramural projects is listed below under the respective research areas
- Cancer Biology: Soumen Chakraborty, Dr.Rajeeb K. Swain, and Dr. Amol Suryawanshi.
- Infectious Disease Biology: Durg V. Singh, Dr. Satish Devadas, Dr. Soma Chattopadhyay, Dr.Narottam Acharya, Dr. Tushar K. Beuria and Dr.Gulam H. Syed
- Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics: Birendra P. Shaw, Dr. Nrisingha Dey, and Dr. P.V. Ramchander.
- Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research. The Institute is involved in several cutting-edge research activities
- Last Date of Receiving Applications: 10th May 2019
- Date of Display of Short-listed candidates & instructions in the Institute Website: 20th May 2019
- Tentative Date of Interview: 01st/02nd week of June 2019
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Programming/scripting experience would be a plus for candidates interested in Bioinformatics. Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application.
- The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 20th May 2019
- An age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and three years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (as per Govt. of India rules)
- The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR, as revised from time to time
- To and for bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class will be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview
- Applicants except SC/ST candidates are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favour of “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar.
- The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.
- To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to second class sleeper will be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
How to Apply?
- Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form as available in ILS Website www.ils.res.in.
- Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be send to the “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023”
- The application should reach the Institute on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The envelope should be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. Program in 1) Cancer Biology 2) Infectious Disease Biology or 3) Interdisciplinary Areas”. Candidates must mention clearly ONE of the research areas for which they are applying
- Candidates interested to apply for more than one research area should send separate applications for each research area, with separate fees
- List of candidates selected for the interview will be published in the Institute website (www.ils.res.in)
- Application to ILS-PhD Program does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without assigning any reasons thereof.
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.