NCHMCT MSc Admission 2019, Application, Eligibility, Dates
NCHMCT MSc Hospitality and Hotel Administration 2019 – NCHMCT & IGNOU jointly announced admission for 2-year M.Sc. Hospitality Administration Batch at Institute of Hotel Management (NCHM-IH Noida, New Delhi (Pusa), Bengaluru, Chennai, Lucknow and Kolkata) for the academic year 2019-20
Admission to the program will be based on merit in the joint entrance exam and choice of institutes exercised by the candidate.Applicants can check all details of M.Sc. Hospitality Administration 2019 from this page given below.
Important Dates for NCHMCT M.Sc. (HA) Entrance Exam 2019
- Last Date of Receipt of Confirmation Sheet/Other documents: 03rd May 2019
- Download Admit Card: 13th to 18th May 2019
- Conduct of Entrance Exam (Written Test): 18th May 2019
- Declaration of first allotment List: 14th June 2019
- Report for admission to accept the allotted Seat: 17th –21st June 2019
- Declaration of 2nd Allotment List: 28th June 2019
- Report for admission to accept the allotted Seat: 01st – 05th July 2019
- Last Date for withdrawal, if any, by the candidates(Allotted seat in 1st & 2nd allotment lists, to avail): 08th July 2019
- Declaration of 3rd List to fill vacancies, if any 11th July 2019
- Report for admission to accept the allotted Seat: 12th – 16th July 2019
- Physical reporting to the allotted Institute – 23rd – 24th July 2019
- Commencement of Classes: 25th July 2019
About the M.Sc. Hospitality Administration Program
- The M.Sc. Program launched by NCHMCT in collaboration with IGNOU has specific focus on the services sector as against majority of MBA Programs which concentrate on merchandise and manufacturing businesses.
- The two-year or four-semester MSc Program in Hotel Administration offered by the National Council for Hotel Management focuses on Business & Management Studies specific to Hospitality.
- With specialization in two broad areas of Management that include HRM and Sales and Marketing Management, students can join industries as functional managers.
- The Program prepares young professionals for a career in not only hospitality but also stretches across varied sectors, industries including teaching
- The Program is delivered through four premier Central affiliated IHMs of NCHMCT viz., Pusa, Chennai, Bangalore, Lucknow and Kolkata and the NCHM-IH at Noida Campus.
Eligibility Criteria [through JEE]
- Candidate should be B.Sc. Degree in Hospitality and Hotel Administration from NCHMCT-IGNOU; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management from a recognized University and the Institute is approved by AICTE.
- Candidates appearing in the final semester/final year exam (but passed all the papers in all earlier semesters/years) of the above said Degrees and able to submit their complete Bachelor’s Degree latest by 31st October 2019 can also apply.
- Admission to the program will be based on merit in the joint entrance examination and choice of IHMs exercised by the candidates
- After allotment of seats through direct admission process, if any, under the above mentioned category (Direction Admission) the left out seats will be filled through candidates appeared in JEE.
Written Test Exam
- Written test comprising of 100 MCQs on hospitality related generic questions of graduate level as well as General Knowledge, General English &Numeric Aptitude, will be held by the Council at six IHMs (centres) in India, Bengaluru; Chennai; Delhi (Pusa); Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai
- The written test will be held on 18th May 2019
- Duration of the written test will be 2 hrs. and the timing of the test will be from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
- For each question, four options of answers will be given, and the candidate has to darken the appropriate bubble of correct answer in the answer sheet by using blue/black ballpoint pen only
- Each question of this MCQ will carry one mark and there will be 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer
- However, the question not attended will fetch zero marks.
Institutes and Seat Matrix
- NCHM-IH, Noida – 40 Seats
- IHM, Pusa, New Delhi – 40 Seats
- IHM, Bengaluru – 25 Seats
- IHM, Chennai – 25 Seats
- IHM, Lucknow – 25 Seats
- IHM, Kolkata – 25 Seats
- Total – 194 Seats
- Note: 5% extra seats at each institute would be offered to offset no shows/dropouts
- Seat Reservation Seat reservation will be as per Central Govt. rules applicable to:
- 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC) Category;
- 5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) Category;
- 27% for OBC (Central List) (Non-creamy layer) category;
- 3% seats shall be reserved for physically disabled across board as per rules Categories
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online only through admission notification in our online admission portal www.thims.gov.in or through Council’s website www.nchm.nic.in
- Candidates has to send print out of the filled in online application along with necessary fee (Rs.900 for General/OBC Categories and Rs.450/- for SC/ST/PD Categories) through a demand draft drawn in favour of NCHMCT payable at Noida or Delhi and other requirement documents, which should reach NCHMCT, Noida latest by 30th April 2019
- Information Brochure can be downloaded from web site of this Council
- Envelope containing application should be super-scribed as application for admission to M.Sc. HA Program. Applications received after 30th April 2019 will not be entertained.
- Applications received without copies of required certificates in support of qualification and experience will summarily be rejected.
Award of Degree
- The M.Sc. Degree will be awarded to scholars who successfully pass the NCHMCT and IGNOU components respectively with 50% marks. The Degree shall be awarded by IGNOU duly acknowledging credits of NCHMCT components.
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.