NIELIT Calicut announces to M.Tech ES & M.Tech EDT Admission 2019
NIELIT Calicut M Tech Admissions 2019 Notification – National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Calicut invites application for admission to M.Tech Courses in Embedded Systems (ES) and Electronics Design Technology (EDT) for the batch of 2019-20
Interested candidates can check all the details of M.Tech. Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, procedure etc from this page give below.
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) is an autonomous body of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Govt. of India. It is Premier Organization for Education, Training, R&D and Consultancy in Electronics & IT.
- The history of NIELIT dates back to 1974 when the Dept. of Electronics (DoE) now MeitY, Govt. of India and the UGC set up the first CEDT within the premises of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore with assistance from Swiss Development Corporation.
- Commencement of Issue of Application Forms: 18th March 2019
- Last Date for Issue of Application Forms: 31st May 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application forms (before 5.00 pm): 07th June 2019
- Counselling/Admission for sponsored & GATE Candidates: 10th June 2019
- Counselling/Admission for all non-GATE Candidates: 12th June 2019
- Reporting/Commencement of Classes: 01st August 2019
M. Tech Programs
- Following two M Tech Programs are approved by AICTE and affiliated to Dr APJ AK Technological University, Kerala
- Courses in Embedded Systems (ES)
- Electronics Design Technology (EDT)
- Above M.Tech Programs are of two years duration having four semesters; these courses focus on practical design aspects of Embedded Systems and Electronic Product Design and are intended for students who wish to work in the Industry as Design Engineers
Distribution of Seats
- Tech in Embedded Systems, Electronics Design Technology has 18 seats each. The seat distribution in each M.Tech is as given below.
- General – 10 Seats
- SC/ST – 03
- Sponsored – 05
- Reservations shall be as per the existing government rules
- The candidate shall be an Indian National
- The candidate should have passed the B.Tech course or equivalent from an institution approved by the All India Council for Technical Education
- The eligible branches of engineering for each M.Tech are given under the eligibility criteria
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the engineering degree course is sufficient. For SEBC/PWD candidates, a minimum of 54% (aggregate) marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those candidates who have a valid GATE Score
- However Non-GATE candidates can also apply. They will be considered against the vacancies due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score
- These unfilled GATE seats will be filled with NON-GATE candidates from Kerala State. They have to produce nativity certificate. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission
- GATE score is not needed for Sponsored candidates
- Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination in Electronics and satisfying the following conditions are also eligible for admission
- They must have a valid GATE score
- A Minimum marks of 55% in section B in AMIE/AMIETE Exam
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field of specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree
- Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission. Any candidate admitted provisionally as mentioned above shall have to discontinue the course, if he/she does not produce the final complete mark list and provisional/degree certificate on or before 31st August 2019
For Embedded Systems (ES)
- The candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech in Electronics and Communication/ Electrical and Electronics/ Applied Electronics and Instrumentation/ Instrumentation and Control/ Electronics and Instrumentation/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engg / Information Technology/ Biomedical Engg./ Electronics and Biomedical Engg./ Biomedical Instrumentation Engg. Subjects awarded by the Calicut University or equivalent there to as approved by the University of Calicut.
- GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ IT/ Biomedical engineering subjects
For Electronics Design Technology (EDT)
- The candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engg. / Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering/ Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation and Control Engineering/ Electronics and Biomedical Engineering subjects awarded by the Calicut University or equivalent there to as approved by the University of Calicut
- GATE score in Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical engineering subjects
- The admission to the course shall be based on the following criteria:
- For General and SC/ST category admission, preference shall be given to candidates who have a valid GATE score
- Should have passed the B.Tech/B.E. course with a minimum of 60% marks; SC/ST candidates should have minimum pass mark; SEBC/PWD candidates should have a minimum of 54% (aggregate) marks in the Engineering Degree Exam
- Should have valid GATE Score (see the eligibility criteria for each M.Tech)
- Any seats unfilled by eligible GATE qualified candidates shall be filled with NON GATE candidates with preference to students from KERALA state, the selection of which shall be based on marks in the qualifying degree exam; they should produce nativity certificate
- GATE qualified candidates who have appeared for the final semester exam may also apply provided he/she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th semester
- Those who are having valid GATE score and who are waiting for the result of the supplementary exams of the above or previous semesters can also apply
- Fees shall be Rs 65,000/- per semester which includes the semester tuition fees of Rs 50,000/- and special laboratory tuition fees of Rs 15,000/-
- University affiliation fees is approximately Rs 3500/- Refundable caution deposit is Rs 5000/-. The semester fee is excluding the hostel and food charges
- Other university fees shall be extra for students of all categories. Semester exam fees shall be as decided by KTU from time to time
- Candidates can pay the semester fees as well as the application processing fee of Rs 1000/- for general and Rs 500/- for SC/ST candidates either through Demand Draft (DD) or direct online payment or by using SBI Collect
- DD should be taken in favour of ‘Director, NIELIT, Calicut’, payable at State Bank of India, NIT Calicut Branch (Code No. 02207)
- Click here for the fee payment modes
How to Apply?
- Candidates should apply on-line. After filling all the required fields, a print out of the application should be taken and sent to the M. Tech coordinator, NIELIT Calicut along with the appropriate application fees.
- Online application link is https://regn.calicut.nielit.in/MtechApplication.aspx
- In case the online mode is not possible, candidates may contact the M.Tech coordinator by mail, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile, 9446012566
- A passport size photograph taken not earlier than 3 months is to be affixed on the Application Form
- The photo in the application should be self-attested. Four more copies of the same photograph and one stamp size photograph should be produced at the time of counselling/admission.
- The application with all the above enclosures and super scribed ‘Application for M.Tech Courses – 2019 should be sent by Registered Post/Speed Post on or before 5.00 pm of 07th June 2019’
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.