Sambalpur University announces to M.Phil Admission 2019
Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2019 – Sambalpur University applications in prescribed forms are invited online for admission to the following M.Phil Courses of Sambalpur University for the academic session 2019-20
The application form, Prospectus, and other details are available on the official website of Sambalpur University as well as on this page. All the relevant details of Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2019 including the application process, eligibility criteria, courses offered, etc can be checked from this notification.
- The PG Departments offer one-year study Program for MPhil Degree
- Departments of Sambalpur University offer course-credit semester system based on continuous evaluation
- Availability of Prospectus & Application Form for Online Admission: 17th May 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application Online as well as the Hardcopy: 18th June 2019 (upto 05.00 pm)
- Last date of receiving the hard copy of application form along with necessary documents: 22nd June 2019 (Up to 5.00 PM)
- Download of Admit Cards for Date of Entrance Test: 27th June 2019
- Date of Entrance Exam: 13th July 2019
09:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M
- Anthropology; Political Science; Economics; History; Odia; English; Environmental Science; Sociology; Library & Information Sc.; Computer Science; Statistics; Life Sciences
12.00 Noon to 02.00 P.M
- Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Earth Sciences; Business Administration; Public Administration; Biotechnology & Bioinformatics; Home Science; Hindi; Law; Performing Arts and Social Work
Sanctioned Seat Strength
- Anthropology 06 Seats; Business Administration 16 Seats; Chemistry 16 Seats; Computer Science 08 Seats; Earth Sciences (Applied Geology) 06 Seats; Economics 07 Seats; English 08 Seats; Environmental Science 06 Seats; History 06 Seats; Home Science 02 Seats; Law 07 Seats; Library & Information Science 05 Seats; Life Sciences 12 Seats; Mathematics 15 Seats; Odia 15 Seats; Physics 10 Seats; Political Science 08 Seats; Public Administration 05 Seats; Sociology 06 Seats; Statistics 05 Seats; Hindi 08 (SF) Seats; Biotechnology & Bioinformatics 12 (SF) Seats; Performing Arts 06 (SF) Seats; Social Work 06 (SF) Seats
- Candidates seeking admission into any MPhil Course must have passed Master’s degree Exam of Sambalpur University in the concerned subject or allied subjects or an examination recognized by Sambalpur University/UGC/AIU as equivalent thereto, having secured 55% marks in the aggregate or having secured an overall grade point average (OGPA) equivalent to 55% of marks by conversion
- A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991
- Candidates who have appeared the qualifying examination and the result thereof are awaited, are also eligible to apply
- However, they have to submit the Provisional Certificate and Mark Sheet of the qualifying exam within ten days after publication of result of Sambalpur University or on or before the Entrance Test schedule whichever is later, failing which, their cases for selection shall not be considered
- Selection for admission into different Courses shall be done through Written Entrance Test (with coding and decoding system), Career Mark and Viva-Voce with 60%, 30% and 10% weightage respectively. Absence of a candidate either from Written or viva-voce or both shall disqualify him/her for admission
- The written test shall cover M.A/M.Sc. syllabi of Sambalpur University in the concerned subject wherever applicable for eligibility.
- Five percent of the total aggregate marks secured by the candidate shall be added to the aggregate marks in qualifying examination in case of children of Ex- defense personnel and for participants in the Inter University Sports and State Team approved by the National Organization (provided that in order to be eligible for such concession under sportsman category the player concerned should have participated in the respective competitions within two years prior to the date of application for admission)
- Similarly, three percent of the total aggregate marks secured by the candidate in qualifying exam for NSS Best Volunteers shall be added to the aggregate marks for career marking.
- Weightage to NCC “B’ & “C” Certificate holders shall be given at par with NSS Best Volunteers on submission of certificate from the authorized body
- 25% of seats in M.Phil Program shall be reserved for teachers (also applicable to Librarians and Library Professionals (of +2 or High-Level Colleges) having at least 5 years of professional experience in a College duly recognized by the Govt. with a certificate to be produced by the Candidates to that effect and who have been sanctioned study leave for one year for prosecuting the course by their appropriate authorities
- They have to be duly relieved by their employers. In case of vacancy under this category, the seats will be filled up by general candidates as per merit list
- 5% and 16.25% of seats in each course are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes respectively.
- One seat in each dept. (both in PG & M.Phil level combined together) will be reserved for Physical Handicapped candidates
- Such candidate is required to produce a recent certificate from the C.D.M.O regarding his/her disability for 40% or above. On the basis of the certificate issued by the District Medical Board, admission under P.H. category may be considered by the respective Heads of the Departments
How to Apply?
- The Application form, Prospectus and other details will be available on theweb from 17th May 2019; the last date of submission of application online as well’s the hardcopy is 18th June 2019 till 05.00 PM.
- Candidates should logon to the website www.suniv.ac.in and click “online admission” or http://eadmission.suniv.ac.in
- Candidates should download the Prospectus for M.Phil. Courses 2019 and read it carefully before filling up of form online
- Candidate should deposit Rs.500/- through State Bank Collect at the time of registration for online admission
- Procedure for depositing Rs.500/- online using State Bank Collect facility
- The amount can be deposited using Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking facility of any Bank besides visiting any SBI branch to deposit by cash or cheque drawn on any SBI Branch
- Candidates can then fill-up the form online; after completion of all the fields in the form, the candidates should click the submit button; at this a page will open with all the information of the candidates that he/she has filled in
- The candidates then must take a printout of this page and send it to the respective Head of the Dept. Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar-768019, Sambalpur (Odisha) along with the required documents, which should reach by 22nd June 2019
- For more information, visit the University website www.suniv.ac.in
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.