Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University announces Admission to PhD Program 2019 (July Session)
SMVDU PhD Admission 2019– Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University invites applications for admission to PhD Program for Academic Session July 2019
Interested and eligible candidates can read the necessary information regarding SMVDU PhD Admission 2019 such as application form eligibility criteria, fee details, selection process etc. on this page.
PhD Program Discipline
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University invites the online application for Full time PhD programmes from the student of Engineering, Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences discipline.
- PhD in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Management, Management, Physics, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Business, Economics and Philosophy
- Last Date for filling Application Form: 05th July 2019
- Date of Exam: 10th July 2019
- Commencement of Semester: 15th July 2019
- A candidate for admission to PhD program on Full-Time Registration Basis must have obtained Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Sciences/ Management/ Humanities & Social Sciences or in interdisciplinary/trans-disciplinary discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.75 on a ten point scale in relative grading system or minimum CGPA of 6.00 in absolute grading system or 60% marks in aggregate of any University.
- A candidate applying for admission to PhD program on Full Time Registration basis must have qualified National level examination such as UGC / CSIR – NET or GATE in concerned discipline or should be sponsored by a reputed organization where he/she is working. However, candidate(s) who are not NET/GATE qualified may also apply for admission to PhD program on full-time registration basis for which they may be considered in case of leftover seats.
- However, such candidates shall not be entitled for any Assistantship from the University
- The shortlisting of applications for the purpose of admission test/interview shall be done by the concerned School Research Committee (SRC).
- PhDstudents shall be required to go through an Entrance Test conducted by the SRC of the School. Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher-fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. program may be exempted from appearing for the written test.
- An Entrance Test (Written Test) shall be qualifying in nature with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The candidates who qualify the Written Test will be required to appear for an interview/viva-voce to be conducted by SRC where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before SRC. The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
How to Apply?
- Application Form to be filled Online from the University website www.smvdu.ac.in
- Separate application form should be filled for PhD program for each Department/Centre. The application fee of Rs. 1500/- can be paid by credit/debit card/Net-Banking. The application fee is to be submitted Online at the time of submission of Application Form.
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.