Kerala Social Security Mission – Shehapoorvam Scholarship 2019
Kerala Social Security Mission – a charitable Society Sponsored by Social Justice Department, Government of Kerala announces the Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2019 to provide financial assistance to Orphans
This Snehapoorvam Scholarship for 2019 is ONGOING, so learn how to apply online through the scholarship application form and apply before the scholarship deadline date.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To identify the orphaned children in the community
- To assess and prioritize children in the greatest need
- To provide social protection to highly vulnerable groups of orphans by strengthening traditional family and community systems for protecting and absorbing orphans.
- To improve the basic education, social integration and nutrition of the most vulnerable groups of orphans towards the levels of other children in the community
- To encourage families to live their children within the family set up rather than sending them to orphanages
- To extend a helping hand to these orphan’s families by way of providing financial assistance to the education of children
- The statistics reveals that in Kerala, around 75,000 children below 18 years are living in orphanages.
- Around 1500 orphanages are functioning in Kerala. Almost 80- 90% of the children in orphanages have families and relatives. Many orphans and vulnerable children slip further into poverty once the family’s main bread winner stops working or dies
- They are not properly fed; they have no shelter, nutritious food, health care, education or any recreation. Most of them are facing economic and social exploitation. They are deprived of love and affection of the family and are often unwanted by the family members.
- The mission has initiated the project that aims at bringing these children to the main stream of the society.
- Children are the greatest assets of our nation. Investing in them is investing for a better future for our country & for our world. Considering all the reality of the present situations faced by some children (orphans) in our society.
- Children who have lost either father or mother or both
- Students from first standard to degree classes
- Children below 5 years
- Children who belongs to BPL category
- For children belonging to APL category, annual income should be below Rs. 20,000 in rural areas (Local body / Grama Panchayat) and Rs. 22,375 in urban areas (Corporation / Municipality)
- The Snehapoorvam scholarship provides the following benefits to Kerala orphans and vulnerable children.
- 300 (Indian Rupees) per month to children below 5 years of age in class I to V
- 500 (Indian Rupees) per month to students in class VI to X
- 750 (Indian Rupees) per month to students in class XI to XII, and
- 1000 (Indian Rupees) per month to students taking an undergraduate or professional degree
How to Apply?
- The 2019 Snehapoorvam scholarship application takes place online through an application form. However, the orphan child does not have the permission to submit the application by themselves on the application portal. Thus, the child, student, or household submitting an application for the Snehapoorvam scholarship will go through the head of Aided/Government institutions
- Such institutions are schools and colleges.
- The head of these institutions (or degree student) will then go through the Snehapoorvam scholarship application process http://www.socialsecuritymission.gov.in/scheme_info.php?id=4
- Visit the official site by clicking “START APPLICATION” below. Log in to the site by clicking the “Schools/College Log In” on the page. You will have to register if you’re a new user by filling up the required details.
- Begin your 2019 Snehapoorvam scholarship application by filling the online form. Carefully enter the right information.
- Upload a copy of all the necessary documents for the 2019 Snehapoorvam scholarship. Find the list of documents you need to submit.
- Review all the information you have filled, as well as the files you have uploaded, then submit your application.
- After following through these steps, you will receive an application form which you need to print out and submit to the Kerala Social Security Mission office.
- If you’re applying as a student, however, you will have to get the official seal as well as the signature of your school or college on the application form before submitting to KSSM.
KSSM Office Address
- Kerala Social Security Mission,
- Online Applications begins 01st October 2019
- Snehapoorvam Scholarship Application Last Date: 31st October 2019
- The release of selection List January 2020
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.