Tribhuvan University School of Management (SOM) Admissions Open for Master of Finance and Control (MFC) Program 2020
SOM Tribhuvan University MFC Admission 2020 – The School of Management at Tribhuvan University (SOMTU) invites applications for admission to the Master of Finance and Control (MFC) Program for the 2020 Spring Session
The SOMTU MFC is designed as an intensive full-time two-year program spread over four semesters, which consists of Course works, seminars, practicums, experiential learning and research projects.
Tribhuvan University School of Management (SOM)
- The School of Management at Tribhuvan University (SOMTU) Master of Finance and Control (MFC) program is designed to develop professional skills in students particularly needed to successfully manage financial institutions tremendously growing and expanding all over the world due to economic liberalization, globalization and digitalization of technology
- This program strives both to deepen knowledge in applied finance and develop controlling skills by using technology relevant for finance and control careers.
- Prepare dedicated finance leaders for the development of the Nepalese financial sector with global perspectives;
- Produce financial managers with people skills who can successfully manage and control the treasury of business organizations with great efficiency.
- Develop self-motivated and competent financial analysts and consultants, equipped with capacity to launch their own sustainable financial services firms;
- Build skillful manpower with financial problem solving and controlling capabilities.
Duration of the Course
- The Master of Finance and Control (MFC) Program is an intensive two – year course stretched over four semester of full time study, with every academic year having two semesters. After the completion of the program a student will be awarded Master of Finance and Control (MFC) by Tribhuvan University.
- Student intake for the MFC program will be ones a year. The spring intake will begin from the month of December for the February – June semester. In each intake SOMTU will admit a total of 35 students (30 for regular students and 5 allocated for the Corporate Sponsored and Foreign student quota). Corporate and foreign students must secure a minimum of 60 percent in the written entrance test (SOMAT) in order to be placed in this quota.
- The regular class for the program is arranged between 12:00 AM to 5:00 PM through Sunday to Friday.
- Only applicants having completed at least 15 years of formal education (12 years of schooling plus 3 years of Bachelor’s level) with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or 45 percent in Bachelor’s level from universities recognized by Tribhuvan University may apply.
- Applicants who have completed Bachelor’s level of education but are awaiting final results may also apply.
- The admission process in the MFC involves submission of complete application form, two letters of recommendations, transcripts of all previous degrees (Bachelor, Certificate and SLC) and along with payment of admission test fee within the date specified.
- SOM shall conduct a four stage admission tests for appropriate screening of applicants. The applicants shall be screened in each of the stages.
- Written Test: This test will be based on the SOMAT format. The duration of the test will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Group Discussion: Groups discuss on a given topic. Performance of applicants is recorded by a panel of judges based on leadership, logic, and conclusions
- Individual Presentation: Applicants present their views and opinions on a given topic to the panel of judges
- Personal Interview: Personal interview to measure applicants motivation level, attitude and capability to handle the pressure and rigors of the MBA program.
- SOM has the final authority in selecting the students for the program
How to Apply?
- Applicants can get the full details of SOMTU MBA 2020 such as Application Form, Fee Details, Eligibility Criteria, Dates and much more on the website https://www.somtu.edu.np/
- Application Deadline: 09th January 2020 (10.00 am to 03.00 pm)
- Written Entrance Test (SOMAT): 11th January 2020 (Saturday at 11.00 am)
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability
- Issue-based Essay Writing
- Case Analysis
- Group Discussion and Individual Presentation: 14th January 2020
- Personal Interview: 16th January 2020
For more information, please contact
- Tribhuvan University School of Management (SOMTU)
- New Management Building Kirtipur, Kathmandu
- Ph.: 01-4332719
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.