Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) Pune announces B.A/B.Sc. Admissions 2019-20
Symbiosis SSLA BA, B.Sc. Admission 2019 – Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA), Pune invites applications for admission to 4-year full-time Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Liberal Arts Degree Programsfor the academic year 2019-20.
Here, we have mentioned the details of Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts BA /B.Sc. 2019 including application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus and admission etc.
Symbiosis SSLA Pune
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts is situated in Pune in Maharashtra state of India. Established in 2004, it is accredited from Other Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Academic Zone, A/C, AV Lab, Canteen, Computer Lab, Counselling, Library, Medical Facilities, Class. Room, Placement are also there.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) – Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) – Liberal Arts
- The Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts offers students the opportunity to study a four-year full-time Bachelor of Arts (Liberal Arts Degree) and Bachelor of Science (Liberal Arts Degree) Program covered over eight semesters.
- The Liberal Arts Program is styled very closely on internationally valued models and aims at offering students a wide range of courses with the freedom to pick and choose Minor and Major areas of specialization from areas previously considered to be ‘academically incompatible’.
Major in Courses
- The degree awarded shall be a Bachelor of Arts (Liberal Arts) for those majoring in courses such as Economics, Business Studies, Media Studies, Sociology, English, Psychology or Political Science & Public Policy.
- The degree awarded shall be a Bachelor of Science (Liberal Arts) for those majoring in courses such as Biology, Mathematics & Statistics or Computer Science.
- All students seeking admission to SSLA should write SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test).
- CBSE, ICSE, HSC: Students should have passed with at least 50% (Open Category) and 45% (SC, ST) in the 12th Standard.
- IB Diploma: student must complete examinations in six subject areas (3 at HL and 3 at SL) and successfully complete the core requirements (EE, CAS, TOK). Successful IB diploma candidates receive an IB Diploma and the transcript with Diploma Results stating, “Diploma Awarded”.
- IB Certificate: student must have a minimum of 24 credits and has passed a minimum of three subjects at Higher Level (HL) and three at Standard Level (SL).
- GCE/IGCSE/GCSE: student must have a minimum of 5/4 subjects in A, B, C Grades including English at ORDINARY(“O”) Level and 2/3 subjects at ADVANCED (“A”) LEVEL.
Selection will be on the basis of Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) and Personal interview & Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT).
- Scheduled Castes 15 %
- Scheduled Tribes 7.5 %
- Differently-able 3 %
- Over and above the sanctioned intake:
- Kashmiri Migrants 2 Seats
- International Students 15%
How to Apply?
- The application process for admission to SSLA spans out in two steps:
Step I – SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
- All candidates* will have to register for the General Paper of the SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test). Go to www.set-test.org to register for the examination. After successfully creating your username and password, you will have to fill in your personal information in the web portal.
- Choose SET General paper in order to be eligible for application to SSLA. You may now complete your registration by making a payment of Rs 1750/- while applying for one test and Rs.3500/- while applying for more than one test. Payment can be made either online or offline.
Step II – PI-WAT (Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test)
- Once the SET results are declared, SSLA will declare its shortlist of candidates eligible for the second step – PI WAT. The shortlist is dependent only on the SET and the cut-off varies year to year. The PI-WAT (Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test) will be conducted at SSLA, Pune.
- The Personal Interaction will be followed by a Writing Ability Test, which is a short subjective-answer based test.Based on the combined scores of SET and PI-WAT, the Merit Lists will be published.
- For more details, please visit www.sihspune.org /www.scon.edu.in/ssp.ac.in
- Online Registration for SET Commences: 24th January 2019
- SET Test Registration Closes: 15th April 2019
- SSLA Registration Closes: 22nd April 2019
- SSLA Online Payment Closes: 22nd April 2019
- SSLA Offline Payment Closes: 15th April 2019
- SET Admit Card Generation: 20th April 2019
- SET Test (General) 2019: 04th May 2019
- SET Result: 14th May 2019
- Declaration of short listing for PI –WAT: 17th May 2019
- SSLA PI-WAT (Tentative) 24th – 28th May 2019
- Declaration of Merit List-1: 31st May 2019
- Last date for Payment for Merit List 1: 07th June 2019
- Declaration of Merit List-2: 08th June 2019
- Last date for payment of Merit List 2: 14th June 2019
- Declaration of Merit List-3 (if required): 15th June 2019
- Last date for payment for Merit List-3: 22nd June 2019
- Session begins for first years: July 2019
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.