The two-year course for B.Ed which stands for Bachelor of Education may drop very soon in favor of four-year integrated teacher training program. The government of India has transformed the one year B.Ed course into a two-year alternative three years ago.
The four-year BA-B.Ed and BSc-B.Ed course will have a revamped syllabus, and the National Council for Teacher Education [NCTE] has been asked to begin work on the exact by the Human Resources and Development Ministry, as per the report of a renowned newspaper.
National Council for Teacher’s Education sources told Telegraph that the school education secretary Anil Swarup had written to NCTE on the matter. Arun Jaitley had already made announcements on this matter for on integrated B.Ed program in his 2018 Budget speech on 1st of February.
Why is Government making this change?
As per multiple reports, sources of NCTE said that this move or step was being carried to ensure that only excellent and severe students opt. For the training program of teachers by making it no different to MBBS and BTech programs.
Eligibility Criteria for the 4-year teacher training program
Aspirants will be able to take admissions to the 4-year training program just after finishing class 12.
From 1-year B.Ed to 2-year B.Ed to 4-year B.Ed program
To ensure the quality of teacher training, in the year 2014 the NCTE which stands for National Council for Teacher Education made various changes by enhancing the span of the Bachelor of Education program from single year to double years with multiple changes in the curriculum.
With this, candidates need to study for total five years to be a teacher [3-years of graduation+2-years for B.Ed]. Now the fresh new models introduced at the time which gets included in the 4-years course just after class 12. According to various professionals, this change from one-year to two-year duration has done to give a professional touch to the candidates like any other professional course.
About the course of Bachelor of Education [B.Ed]
- The Bachelor of Education is an undergraduate program for the duration of 2-year centering to candidates who have shown interest in making a career in teaching and other fields which are relatable to it.
- Check the syllabus of B.Ed.
- The 2-year program is divided into four semesters by the Institute and structured in such a way that it not only involves classroom-based teaching but even internships and practical training.
- The entire course can be completed through full time, distance learning by various Universities throughout the nation.
- The span through the mode of distance learning is minimum two years which extend to 5 years.
- Degree holders for the degree of B.Ed can choose the career such as teaching, working as writers in the field of educating newspapers, magazines, journals and even for some useful websites.
If candidates still have some doubt, feel free to contact us or clarify your doubts in the comments section below.
For more information click here – Educational News
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.