University of Calcutta PhD Commerce Admission through Written Entrance Test 2019
University of Calcutta Ph.D. in Commerce Admission 2019 – Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Program in Commerce for the year 2019
- Department of Commerce, Ph.D. Program in Commerce
- Number of Vacancies: 30 (Thirty)
- Submission of application forms: 3rd June to 14th June 2019
- Publication in the University website of list of candidates eligible for written test: 21th June 2019
- Date of written admission test (only for non-NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil./M.Tech. candidates): 4th July 2019
- Publication of list of candidates successful in written admission test (based on cut-off marks to be decided by the appropriate authority): 12th July 2019
- Date of Personal Interview (for NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil./M.Tech. candidates and non-NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil./M.Tech. candidates qualifying in the written admission test:24th July 2019
- Venue of Written Entrance Test: Room No. 37, Asutosh Building, 3rd. Floor, University of Calcutta (College Street Campus).
- Venue of Personal Interview: Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta (College Street Campus), Asutosh Building, 2nd. Floor, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata
- Publication of the list of successful candidates: 02nd August 2019
- Educational Qualification: Postgraduate degree in Commerce with at least 50% marks obtained in (or allied disciplines subject UGC recognized University is eligible to appear in the exam.
- Those who have qualified in NET/GATE/SLET or already obtained M. Tech or M. Phil degree would be exempted from the written exam.
- Reservation of vacancies shall abide by the West
- Bengal Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013]. Only certificates from the competent authority will be entertained. District Magistrates or Sub-Divisional Magistrates are the competent authority to issue caste and residential certificates in the case of districts. Similarly in Kolkata Joint Commissioner for Reservation and Ex-officio Joint Secretary, BCW Department is the competent authority for issuing caste certificates. OBC candidates must submit their family income certificate along with caste certificate.]
- Aggregate marks for Written Examination: 50
- Aggregate marks for Personal Interview: 50
- Details regarding Written Admission Test:
- The Question Paper will of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) type containing 25 questions of 2 marks each with 1 mark deducted for every wrong answer.
- Qualifying marks for written test: 50 for General category and 45 for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers)/Differently-abled category.
How to Apply?
- The application form is downloadable from the University Website www.caluniv.ac.in.
- The application form, duly filled in, is to be submitted to the Head, Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta, after payment of Rs. 100/- only following the procedure mentioned in the website www.caluniv.ac.in
- Candidates are requested to deposit application fee of Rs.100/- either by cash or DD through duly filled in C.U. Challan, endorsed by the Head of the Department.
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.