Lucknow University announces MBA Programme 2019
Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019 – Department of Business Administration, University of Lucknow, Lucknow invites applications for admission to the various MBA Programmes for the session 2019-20
Candidates can get complete details regarding Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, application fee, exam dates, merit list etc. on this page.
About the Department
- The Department of Business Administration is a pioneer in the field of Management Education. Established in 1956, as a full-fledged department under the Faculty of Commerce
- The Department has the proud distinction of having its faculty trained at the Center for Advancement of Management Education, Stanford University, California (USA)
- The faculty of the department has a combination of academic, research, business and international teaching experience. The department having more than 2000 alumni dominating the corporate scene in India has successfully created popular LUMBA brand.
- MBA (Self Finance), MBA (Finance, Control), MBA (International Business), MBA (Marketing), MBA (HR & IR), MBA (Management Science), MBA (Corporate Management), MBA (Retail Management)
- Applications are invited for 540 Seats of 09 MBA Programs:
- MBA (Regular) – 60 Seats, MBA (Self-Financed) – 60 Seats, MBA (Finance & Control) (Self-Financed) – 120 Seats, MBA (Human Resource & Industrial Relations) (Self-Finance) – 120 Seats, MBA (Marketing) – (Self-Financing) – 120 Seats, and MBA (International Business) (Self-Financed) – 60 Seats
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Programs
- All admissions to the various MBA programs will be governed by the ordinances of the Department of Business Administration as well as the Institute of Management Sciences depending on where that particular program is being conducted.
- A candidate will be eligible for Admission to the MBA programs if he/she has completed graduation in any stream from any University recognized by University Grants Commission. The candidate should also have secured a minimum 50% of marks at graduate level. However, for SC/ST candidates minimum pass percentage of marks at graduate level will be 45%.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in the currect year can apply for admission but they should fulfill all eligibility conditions on the day of admission.
- University reserves the right to cancel any admission at any stage. In case of any matter relating to the MBA Admissions, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor/Admission Committee, Lucknow University shall be final and binding.
- All the legal matters pertaining to the MBA Admissions shall be subject to the Lucknow Jurisdiction only.
- Candidates for admission to the MBA Programs shall be selected through a National/International level aptitude test which may consist of both written as well as oral components. The University of Lucknow will also conduct its own entrance test for admission to the various MBA programs.
- This will be known as the Lucknow University Management Entrance Test (LUMET). Candidates having a valid CAT score can also opt to take admission through this test. This would be followed by a personal interview for all candidates.
- The written component (CAT or LUMET) will account for a merit score of 100 while the interview will account for a merit score of 20. The overall merit would be calculated out of a merit score of 120.
Lucknow University Management Entrance Test (LUMET)
- Ordinarily admissions to the MBA programs of the University of Lucknow, would be carried out through the Lucknow University Management Entrance Test (LUMET). This would be followed by a personal interview.
- The entrance test will comprise of 100 objective type questions to be answered in 90 minutes.
- The test would cover the following domains: General Awareness, Logical reasoning, Numerical ability, Data interpretation, English Verbal Ability
- Each question will be of 4 marks.
- One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Zero mark will be awarded for each un-attempted question.
Test Centers for LUMET
- LUMET 2019 will be held at Lucknow only.
Through CAT Score
- Candidates who have a valid CAT can opt not to appear in the LUMET. Their merit would be calculated on the basis of their CAT scores. However, they will have to appear in the personal interview. Such candidates can also take the option to appear in the LUMET. In such case their CAT score would not be considered.
- All candidates who have either opted admission through CAT score or through LUMET 2019 will have to appear in the interview conducted by the University.
- Order of Merit will be determined as follows:
- If two or more candidates have the same final merit score, then the merit for admission will be determined as follows:
- If the final merit score are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at class 12 or equivalent exam
- If the marks secured in the class 12 or equivalent exam are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at High School or equivalent exam
- If the marks obtained at the High School or equivalent exam are the same, then in that case the older candidate will be given priority
- Scheduled Caste* 21%
- Scheduled Tribe* 2%
- Other Backward Classes of U.P* 27%
- The scheduled caste, scheduled tribes and other backward class candidates originally belonging to Uttar Pradesh will be given the benefit of reservation. Scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward class candidates of other states will be treated as general
- Son/daughter/spouse of LU Teachers/Employees: As per University rules
- Son/daughter/spouse of LU affiliated Govt. /Aided Colleges of Lucknow University and Govt. Ayurvedic: College As per University rules
- Physically Handicapped/Disabled (including1% for blinds) 3%
- Son/Daughter/Grand Son/Grand Daughter of Freedom Fighters from U.P. 2%
- Son/Daughter of Retd. Defence Personnel or Physically Handicapped Defence: Personnel or Defence Personnel killed in war or Defence Personnel posted in UP – 05%
How to Apply?
- Application Form & Prospectus can be downloaded from University of Lucknow University www.lkouniv.ac.in
- Instruction for Online Registration and Application: Read the Lucknow University, MBA Admission-2019 Information Brochure carefully before starting
- To apply to these programmes applications have to first fill the form for CAT 2019. They will have to enter the CAT registration number in the space provided for this. The details information and guidelines are available on the Lucknow University Website
- Requirements for form submission: (a) Valid Email ID; (b) Active Mobile Number; (c) Mobile number should be with the applicant at the time of form filling; (d) Alternate Mobile Number (Preferably of parent); (e) Photo in JPEG format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only); (f) Scanned Signature in jpeg format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only); (g) High School, Intermediate and Graduation Mark sheet
- General and OBC Rs. 2000/-
- SC and ST Rs. 1000/-
Mode of Admission
- Admission to the MBA programs would be done on the basis of CAT score
- Applicants have to fill details of their CAT application
- Caste certificate
- The number of caste certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be entered for availing the benefit of reservation for OBC, SC/ST applicants
- Please see the University website (www.lkouniv.ac.in) for updates
- Form Submission Starts: March 15th, 2019
- Last date for form submission without late fee: May 15th, 2019
- Last date for form submission with late fee of Rs. 1000/-: May 20th, 2019
- Admit Card download: May 25th, 2019
- Tentative date of Entrance Test: June 01st – 07th, 2019
- Tentative Interview June 08th – 12th, 2019
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.