Mumbai University announced Master of Social Work (MSW) Admission 2019-20
University of Mumbai MSW Admission 2019 – University of Mumbai Applications are invited from the interested candidates for two-year (full time) MSW Programme for the academic year 2019-20.
- The course of study for the degree of Master of Social Work shall be a full-time course and its duration shall be four semesters which is two academic years.
- The curriculum consists of relevant theory and fieldwork. M.S.W. students also are expected to opt for either a Research Project or a Term Paper along with required additional electives of their choice.
- Distribution of Prospectus & Admission Forms: 01st June to 25th June 2019
- Date of MSW Entrance (Written) Test: 28th June 2019
- Date of Group Discussion: 28th June 2019
- Date of Personal Interviews: 29th June 2019
- Declaration of Results: 01st July 2019
- Submission of online admission form and payment of fees for admission of Rs.40,115/- by Cash or by DD: 02nd July 2019
- Orientation Programme: 09th July 2019
- The number of seats is 60
- The minimum requirement for admission to the MSW degree programme is a Bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 3 years duration in Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, Home Science or any other faculty of a recognized University. Higher academic degrees or diplomas in Social Sciences and experience of working with people will be an additional qualification.
- Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying Bachelor’s degree examinations in April/May 2019 and whose results are awaited are also eligible for the admission. Admissions of such candidates will be provisional and will be confirmed only after passing the graduation degree exam and on submission of final mark sheet.
- Candidates deputed by Govt. or Private organizations should apply through proper channel with appropriate NOC.
Basic Requirements for Admission
- MSW is a full time course and candidates are not permitted to seek employment or register for any other University degree course at any time throughout the two years period of training.
- Organisations deputing candidates for the course will have to relieve the candidate from all official duties during the period of deputation for two years.
- There is no minimum age for admission provided the student meet all other eligibility and admission criteria required by the University. Admission is open to men, women and transgender students.
- The application forms for admission are available on the Centre’s office. The application forms must be completed with relevant documents attached (as indicated in the application from) and submitted at the centre on or before 25th June 2019.
- The application form will not be considered for admission unless all information sought is provided therein, including copies of all documents mentioned in the application form. The prospectus copy is also available online on the above website.
- The candidates who have passed their qualifying examinations from any University other than the University of Mumbai will require to obtain a ‘Provisional Eligibility Certificate’ prior to admission after submitting the original copies of the passing certificate and mark sheets of the qualifying examination.
- Application forms of candidates who have appeared for their graduation exam
- For the MSW Programme admissions are based on a series of admission tests, a group discussion and a panel interview which takes into consideration the candidate’s past academic performance, proficiency in the English language, general knowledge, background in social work experience, interest and aptitude for the profession.
- Candidates applying for MSW Program should have the following minimum percentage of marks in all subjects (aggregate) of the qualifying exam
- MSW General Categories 45%
- Reserved Categories (SC/ST/DT/NT) 40%
Reservation of Seats
- Seats will be reserved as per the Govt. of Maharashtra norms as adopted by the University of Mumbai from time to time
Medium of Instruction
- English is the medium of instruction for all subjects taught. Hence, the ability to use English as a language is essential
Exam and Marking System
- According to Credit based Semester Grading system there is an internal assessment and semester end examination for each course in each semester. University examination is conducted for MSW Semester IIV, at the end of each semester.
- The test can be written in English/Marathi/Hindi (Expect English Comprehension Test-I
- Kindly read the details about the tests and marking system mentioned below:
- The Marks for the Admission Test will be allowed as follows:
- Test-I English Comprehension: 15 Marks
- Test-II General Knowledge: 10 Marks
- Attitudes, Involvements & Motivation: 20 Marks
- Social Awareness: 10 Marks
- Group Discussion & Interview: 30 Marks
- Total (A) 85 Marks
- Past Academic Record (B) 15 Marks
- Total (A + B) 100 Marks
- The Candidate will thus be graded out of a total of 100 marks.
- Candidates for Group Discussion and Interview will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks achieved in Past Academic Record. (15), English Comprehension (15) and General Knowledge (10) taken together that is on the basis of marks scored out of 40.
- In the General Knowledge and the AIMS Test, Candidates will be tested on current social issues and debates in the country like health, education, development issues, tribal and rural welfare etc, and issues pertaining to the marginalized sections.
- Candidates whose Final Year Bachelors’ exam results are awaited will be allowed to appear for the Written Test, Group Discussion and Interview if shortlisted.
How to Apply?
- Applications are invited from the interested candidates for two-year (full time) MSW Program for the academic year 2019-20. The application form will be available on the University Website www.mu.ac.in and in the concerned office from 01st June 2019
- The last date of submission of the filled in application form is 25th June2019 till 05.00 pm. Any Graduate from UGC recognized University can apply.
- Applications received thereafter will not be entertained
- Applications must be filled in legibly
- A list of students selected for admission to the MSW will be exhibited on the Centre‘s Notice board
- For further details contact: Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Contemporary Studies Near Sanskrit Bhavan, Vidyanagari, Santacruz (E), Mumbai-400098, Tel: 022-26532048
- Submission of online admission form and payment of fees for admission of Rs.40,115/- by Cash or by DD in favour of the “Finance and Accounts Officer, University of Mumbai”
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.