Vector Control Research Centre MSc in Public Health Entomology (PHE) Admission 2019
VCRC MSc PHE Admission 2019 – Vector Control Research Centre (VCRC), Puducherry (Pondicherry) invites applications for admission to two years Master of Science (M.Sc.) Program in Public Health Entomology (PHE) affiliated to the Pondicherry University, Puducherry for the academic year 2019-20
Candidates can check the complete information of VCRC M.Sc. Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria, and other information through this page below.
- Last date for the submission of filled-in application
- Category I: 10th May 2019
- Category II: 17th May 2019
- Common Entrance Test (Category I): 16th June 2019
- Date of Personal Interview (Category IIA): 17th June 2019
- Declaration of Results: 19th June 2019
- Admission: 24th to 28th June 2019
- Commencement of Classes: 02nd July 2019
Duration of Course
- Two years Master of Science (M.Sc.) Program in Public Health Entomology (PHE)
No. of Seats
- Total number of seats is 12
- Category I: 08 (General 50.5%, OBC 27%; SC 15% & ST 7.5%);
- Category II-A: 02; Category II-B: 02
Category I: Open Competition
- Candidates seeking admission under this category should have passed any one of the following exams of any University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry: B.Sc., in the discipline of Zoology/Botany/Life Sciences/Medical Laboratory Technology/ Microbiology/Ecology/Environmental Science/Biochemistry, or B.V.Sc., or MBBS, or BE / B Tech degree with Biotechnology as one of the subjects.
- Those who are appearing for the Undergraduate final exams/waiting for the results of the above courses can also apply
- However, they need to produce evidence for the successful completion of the course fulfilling the eligibility criteria at the time of admission
Category II: In-service (Self-supporting / Sponsored)
- In-service candidates employed either in Government or Non-Govt. organizations and sponsored by the employer should have passed the Degree Exam in any of the disciplines indicated under Category I from a recognized University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry
- In-service candidates should send their application with a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer
- Candidates under this category possessing qualification as mentioned under the Category I or the qualification for which Equivalent Certificate obtained from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi are eligible to apply
- They will be required to produce Eligibility Certificate from Pondicherry University, Puducherry, subsequently for recognition of their qualification. Applications should be routed through the employer or sponsoring/nominating authority/organization.
- Applicants with valid visa for the entire duration of the study, only, will be admitted
- Selection of the candidates under Category I will be based on their performance in the common entrance test (Objective type test of two hours duration). The common entrance test will be held only at Puducherry
- Category II A – Based on personal interview and; Category II B: based on a letter of recommendation/ reference from the Employer
- List of candidates selected for admission will be published in the Institutes’ website www.vcrc.res.in
- Candidates selected under Category-I will be paid a sum of Rs.6000/- per month and candidates selected under Category-IIA will be paid a sum of Rs.3000/- per month, with the approval of the Admission Committee
How to Apply?
- The application form and Prospectus can be download from the website http://vcrc.res.in
- The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed as “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Sc., PHE” and sent by Registered/Speed Post to “The Director, Vector Control Research Centre, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Puducherry-605006”
- Applications Form Indian Nationals should be accompanied by (i) a DD to the value of Rs.100/- (Rs.50/- in the case of SC/ST candidates) towards application fee, drawn in favour of “The Director, Vector Control, Research Centre”, payable at Puducherry, and (ii) a self-addressed envelope stamped to the value of Rs.50/-.
- Foreign nationals can pay the application fee at the time of their admission.
- For more details, including the fee structure, please see the prospectus in the Institutes’ website www.vcrc.res.in
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.