WBUHS Kolkata announces PhD Admission through RAT 2019
WBHUS PhD Admission 2019 – The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBHUS) Kolkata is inviting interested and eligible candidates for Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program for 2019-20 Sessions.
In order to get admission into full-time PhD Program candidates needs to register them self for written test i.e. Research Aptitude test. Applicants see the key aspects like application form, eligibility criteria, dates, test scheme for RAT.
WBUHS PhD Admission through RAT 2019
- Eligible candidates are invited for online registration to full time/part-time research leading to PhD Degree of the University for 2018-19 Sessions.
- Candidates can apply only in the subjects offered by the University and go in for specialization at a later stage while choosing the topic of research for registration for PhD Candidates can check the below provided schedule for upcoming events.
- Candidate should satisfy himself/herself that he/she fulfill the eligibility requirements prescribed for the admission
- Candidates for admission to the PhD Program should have a Masters Degree or a Professional Degree recognized as equivalent to the:
- Masters Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent Grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (Or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)
- Candidates who have obtained Master’s degree or equivalent Post Graduate degree recognized by corresponding regulatory bodies in various disciplines of Basic Sciences, Medical Sciences, Dental Sciences, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Nursing, Paramedical, and Allied Health Sciences as stipulated above.
- Qualified in the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2019 conducted by this University Or;
- National Eligibility Test conducted by the UGC/CSIR/DBT/ICMR/DST or State Level Eligibility Test or Fellowship awarded by the Central and State Govt. Departments/Agencies approved by competent authorities. (The validity period of any of such qualifications are counted for granting admission).
- MPhil Degree by research and thesis recognized by UGC: Candidates who have passed the MPhil Program with a minimum of Grade ’B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
Relaxation of Marks
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/differently able categories of candidates as per the decision of the University/State Government from time to time.
Exemption from Research Aptitude Test
- Candidates for the PhD Program shall be granted registration through an Entrance test conducted by the University. The following categories are exempted from qualifying Research Aptitude Test (RAT) conducted by the University.
- Those students who qualify UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET, and Research Fellowships of Central or State Government Departments/Agencies as approved by the regulatory bodies, as the case may be.
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship
- Candidates with DBT/JRF.
- The MPhil Degree shall be in the discipline concerned in which the applicant is seeking registration and degree should be obtained from a UGC recognized institution / University.
- MPhil Degree holders seeking registration for Ph.D. shall be required to qualify Research Aptitude Test (RAT) in case registration is sought in a different discipline other than that specialized at PG / MPhil Degree levels respectively.
- For candidates pursuing Ph.D. Program, there is no scholarship/grant or any other pecuniary support from the University.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates for PhD Program under WBUHS can apply online (www.wbuhs.ac.in) for Research Aptitude Test which will be available on the official site as per the schedule. The application form will be available in online mode only.
- The process of online Application shall commence on 09th February 2019 onwards and will continue till 24th February 2019.
- Candidates can apply only in the subjects offered by the university and go in for specialization at a later stage while applying for eligibility test candidates must ensure that they are satisfying the eligibility terms.
- Candidates with National level fellowships like CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC NET-JRF, DST Inspire Fellowship etc. are exempted from taking the above test.
Steps for Online Application
- Open the link of Application/Login for Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2019
- Fill the online application form available on the website very carefully.
- Upload the scanned copy of recent photograph and signature.
- Pay the Application fees through net-banking / e-Challan / Credit Card / Debit Card as per the rule of Bank.
- Download the Application Form after the successful submission of the fee. Take Printout of the Application form, put signatures at the bottom of the form and attach the following:
- Copy of award letter, if any, pertaining to NET‐JRF of CSIR/DBT/UGC/ICMR, DST Inspire etc.
- After the candidates have downloaded the application form it should be sent to Registrar, WBUHS, Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2019, (through speed post/registered post/in person) so as to reach before the scheduled closing date (24 February 2019).
- The admit card for RAT-2019 will be available in online mode on the official website, only those candidates who have filled and submit the application form on time will be able to download the admit card. Candidates should carry the admit card on the day of exam as you will not allow taking the test without the admit card.
- Admit card shall be containing the important details like candidates’ registration-no, Name, exam date, time, exam center details.
Exam Test Scheme
- The test comprises of two parts:
- The Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2019 will be of one-hour duration and will carry a Maximum of 60 marks. The question paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to Research Aptitude. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. No negative marking for the wrong answer.
Test-I will comprise of the following components and number of Questions.
- Project Skills: (10 questions in total) 20 marks
- Basic Statistics: (10 questions in total) 20 marks
- Basic Sciences: (5 questions in total) 10 marks
- General Awareness Social, Community & Environmental issues: (5 questions in total) 10 marks.
Test- II: Interview/Viva-Voce comprising of 40 marks.
- Candidates are required to discuss their Research interest/Area through a presentation. Postgraduate level knowledge of the subject and aptitude for research are expected of the candidate. Interview/Viva-Voce based on the Subject of Research with relevance to the candidate. Test-II will comprise of the following components:
- Research Proposal: 30 marks
- Interview: 10 marks
- Note: Only candidates who qualified in Research Aptitude Test and candidates of Exempted category will be called for Interview / Viva-Voce.
- Syllabus for Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2019
- Probable Start Date of filling up Applications Online with Fees Payable: 09th February 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Applications Online with Fees Payable: 15th February 2019
- Announcement of shortlisted Candidates to appear in RAT & Issue of Admit Card (through candidate login): 28th February 2019
- Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2019: 05th March 2019
- Declaration of Names of Shortlisted candidates for Interview/Viva-Voce: 08th March 2019
- Document Verification: 11th March 2019
- Interview/Viva-Voce WBUHS Campus: 12th & 13th March 2019
- Publication of Provisionally selected candidate list for admission: 15th March 2019 (tentative)
To get the educational updated news and tips visit Besonline.in
For any assistance or help regarding counselling please feel free to contact us anytime at +91-9564733330. We will be more than happy to assist you.