Nepal is a preferred destination from students of most countries in general and from India in particular for various reasons, quality of education, affinity and affordability. Bright Educational Services is your dependable guide in acquiring your admission into MS, MD, MBBS and BDS in any reputed medical college in Nepal – autonomous, private, government or affiliated. Come to us. We will assist you in realizing your dream.
Situated in the laps of the Himalayas, Nepal, now officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal is a landlocked country in South Asia and the world’s youngest republic. It is bordered in the north by the People’s Republic of China, and in the south, east, and west by India. Nepal, with an area of 147,181 square kilometers has a population of approximately 30 million. Nepal is the world’s 93rd largest country by land mass. Kathmandu is the nation’s capital and the country’s largest metropolitan city. Nepal is a country of highly diverse and rich geography, culture, and religions. The mountainous north contains eight of the world’s ten highest mountain peaks, including the highest, Mount Everest. Nepal is linked historically with the birthplace of Gautama Buddha
MBBS in Nepal
In Nepal, medical studies start at undergraduate level. The program is of five and half year’s duration. There are three main medical bodies in Nepal – Tribhuwan University, Kathmandu University, B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences and Apex regulation body is Nepal Medical Council. The first two years of studies are called “Basic Sciences” followed by two and half years of “clinical sciences” and one year of internship. After the successful completion of this course, a student is awarded Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) degree.
Medical Education in Nepal:
Nepal’s location relative to its neighbors, China and India. Now a days, most of the Indian students are interest to seeking medical admission for undergraduate and postgraduate degree in Nepal. The reason is Nepal’s culture, food habits and language are similar to India. So, Indian student can adopt the climate and cultural of Nepal. There are more than 20 medical government and privates colleges across Nepal. More than 20000 MBBS seats are available in Nepal. Here, for Indian students’ best opportunities for MBBS studying in Nepal.
Nepal Medical Council (NMC) is the regulatory board that gives recognition to medical institutions for providing formal studies in medical science and training. Pursuing MBBS in Nepal has become a trend for Indian students in the past couple of years owing to many reasons. For Indian students, pursuing MBBS in Nepal is the most cost-effective and best option. Indian students find themselves at home in Nepal because of the similarity in culture and food as compared to European and Western countries. Study medical college and university in nepal is best opportunity for the Indian students
MCI Recognized universities in Nepal:
- Kathmandu University
- Tribhuvan University
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences (PAHS)
- BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS)
Kathmandu University under Medical Colleges in Nepal
- Manipal College of Medical Science, Pokhara
- College of Medical Science, Bhartpur
- Nepalgunj Medical College, Nepalgunj
- Kathmandu Medical Colleges, Kathmandu
- Nepal Medical College, Kathmandu
- Nobel Medical College, Biratnagar
- Lumbini Medical College Palpa
- Birat Medical College Biratnagar
- Devdaha Medical College Lumbini
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
Tribhuvan University under Medical Colleges in Nepal
- National Medical College, Birgunj
- Universal College of Medical Sciences, Bhairahawa
- Janaki Medical College, Janakpur
- KIST Medical College Patan
- Chitwan Medical College, Bharatpur
- Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara
There are basic criteria for get mbbs admission in nepal. Candidates must have fulfill the below all the eligibility criteria,
- Candidates are expected to have completed 17 years of age.
- Candidates should have either completed their higher secondary exams taking up English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as their main subjects and securing a minimum of 50% or
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 in recognized board with physics, chemistry or biology as the main subject and at least score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in all the main subjects.
- Indian Candidates Must have get qualified marks in NEET-UG. They are eligible to apply for MBBS admission in Nepal.
- For Indian candidate must to get valid certificate from MCI.
MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure
The MBBS fee structure in Nepal, is very affordable fees Indian students. The fees in Nepalees medical colleges total tution fees is 35 Lakhs to 60 Lakhs (its total for 5 years). The fees structure of mbbs in Nepal 50-70 Lakhs. So, This is reason for joining most of the Indian students in Medical colleges in Nepal.
|S.No.||College||Affiliation||*Total Tution Fees|
|1||B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||_||40 to 50 Lakh|
|2||Nobel Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|3||Patan Academy of Health Sciences||_||35 to 50 Lakh|
|4||Universal College of Medical Sciences||Tribhuvan University||55 to 65 Lakh|
|5||KIST Medical College||Tribhuvan University||45 to 55 Lakh|
|6||National Medical College||Tribhuvan University||60 to 65 Lakh|
|7||Devdaha Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 55 Lakh|
|8||Nepalganj Medical College||Kathmandu University||55 to 60 Lakh|
|9||Chitawan Medical College||Tribhuvan University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|10||Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|11||Manipal College of Medical Sciences||Kathmandu University||55 to 65 Lakh|
|12||Lumbini Medical College & Research Cente||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|13||Gandaki Medical College||Tribhuvan University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|14||Janaki Medical College||Tribhuvan University||45 to 55 Lakh|
|15||Kathmandu Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|16||Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|17||Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences||Kathmandu University||45 to 55 Lakh|
List of Top MBBS Colleges in Nepal:
Based on the performance, infrastructure, amenities, campus and many other factors, the medical colleges in Nepal are ranked and the names of the top 10 colleges of the list are given below,
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) in Maharajgunj
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences in Dharan
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS) in Kavrepalanchok Dhulikhel
- Patan Academy of Health Science, Patan Lalitpur
- Nepalese Army Institute of Health Science in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Medical Colleges (KMC) in Kathmandu
- Manipal College of Medical Science in Pokhara
- Nepal Medical College (NMC) in Kathmandu
- College of Medical Science Bhartpur in Chitwan
- Nepalgunj Medical College (NGMC) in Nepalgunj
Required Documents for MBBS in Nepal:
Candidates must have to submit below documents to after getting medical admission in Nepal-
- 10th Marksheet/Certificate
- 12th Marksheet/Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Nationality certificate/Adhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Character certificate
- Domicile certificate
- NEET scorecard
Reasons of Study MBBS in Nepal
1. Highly Qualified Faculty from India:
Owing to close proximity with India, a lot of highly qualified teachers from India teach in medical colleges in Nepal. Colleges in Nepal offer attractive packages to Indian faculty members to ensure that standard of teaching is never compromised.
2. Low Fee and Installment System :
The cost of doing MBBS is very reasonable as compared to countries like China, Russia or Western countries. Prospective students may also opt for installment schemes to pay the fee. Moreover, the living cost in Nepal is not very expensive. In addition to that, the cost of travelling from India to Nepal is negligible and doesn’t require any kind of documentation. If you are studying abroad, there are many documentation hassles that may restrict your visit or your family’s visit while you are studying.
3. Documentation process
The Nepal Medical colleges documentation process is very simple, compared to other countries.
4. No required to Visa for Study MBBS in Nepal
No need to Visa for Indians students. Nepal is very close to India. So, There are no required visa to travel or study.
5. Courses Approved by Medical Council of India:
The most important reason would be this. MBBS colleges in Nepal are approved by the Medical Council of India. That means, you can complete your education in Nepal and come back to India and immediately start practicing. Nepal also has its own governing body called the Nepal Medical Council that oversees the functioning of the medical colleges in Nepal.
6. High Pass Percentage in MCI screening Test
As you might know, you have to clear the MCI Screening Test if you have studied medical outside India before you can practice medical in India. Fortunately, the pass percentage of students passing out from MBBS colleges in Nepal is very high because the education standards and syllabus are almost the same. That makes it very easy for the students to clear the exam.
7. Tie-up with Top Medical Colleges in India:
Medical Colleges in Nepal have a very close relationship with their Indian counterparts. They have tie-ups with India colleges and participate in student exchange programs. This fosters a sense of competitiveness and as a result the quality of education is never hindered.
8. Quality of MBBS Education in Nepal
Nepal medical college’s education quality is excellent. The curriculum of a majority of medical courses are similar to India. So, Candidates can easily clear the FGME test conducted by NBE for practicing medicine in India. So only most of the Indian student preferred to study MBBS in Nepal.
9. No required IELTS or TOEFL
If Foreign students who get eligible score in TOEFL and IELTS, they can submit their scores of TOEFL and IELTS for mbbs admission. There are no required TOEFL and IELTS exam for studying MBBS in Nepal.
Advantage of Study MBBS in Nepal:
Nepal is one of the biggest opportunities for India students. There are several advantages to studying MBBS in Nepal
- Affordable fee structure for studying MBBS Program. For Indian students, who are seeking MBBS admission in Nepal is very less MBBS fee structure as compared to other countries.
- The culture of Nepal, food habits and language is almost same as India. So, Indian students doesn't need major adjustments in Nepal.
- Nepal’s medical colleges offers great environment for undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses.
- There is no separate admission test to study medicine in Nepal.
- If Foreign students who get eligible score in TOEFL and IELTS, they can submit their scores of TOEFL and IELTS for mbbs admission.
- For Indian students, NEET is mandatory to get admission medical college of Nepal under Kathmandu and Tribhuvan Universities
- Indian students, no required Visa or Passport for going Nepal. Indian students have to establish their nationality, through Documents/ID cards issued by a competent Indian authority.
- The curriculum of a majority of medical courses are similar to India. So, Candidates easily clear the FGME test conducted by NBE for practicing medicine in India.
- Nepal medical college’s education quality is excellent. Their syllabus and curricular are similar to India. So only most of the Indian student preferred to study MBBS in Nepal.
- Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University & B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences are some of the prominent universities in Nepal approved by the MCI. Also, MCI approved some medical colleges.
FAQ: Study MBBS in Nepal 2020
Q: How many Universities /Medical Colleges are there in Nepal?
A. There are only two universities – Institute of Medicine (IOM) under the Tribhuvan University (TU) and the Kathmandu University (KU)providing affiliation to medical colleges in Nepal. Also, BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) and the Patan Academy of Health Science (PAHS) are two autonomous academies conducting MBBS courses. There are more than 20 government and privates medical colleges available in Nepal.
Q. What is the entire Course fee Package for any Medical college in Nepal?
A. There will be different fee package for different Medical Colleges in Nepal. In General, The entire Course fee will be Approx INR 45 to 65 Lakh which can be paid in 03 to 04 year time Period. Apart from this, there will be additional cost for Lodging & Food.
Q. What is the Medium of Instruction in Nepal?
Q. What are the Eligibility Criteria to get admission in Nepal?
A. The Minimum Eligibility to get admission in any of the Medical College in Nepal is 50% Aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as Major subject. Also Physics, Chemistry & biology should have individual 50 % marks in each.
Q. Are the Medical Colleges in Nepal are Approved/Recognized by MCI or Not?
A. All the Medical Colleges of Nepal are Approved /Recognized by MCI. After successful completion of medicine course, student has to appear for MCI Screening Test in India.
However, it has seen that students who completed their medical degree from Nepal can easily pass MCI in first/second attempt.
Q. Why to Study MBBS in Nepal by Paying Higher Fees Compared to Other Countries?
A. Despite Studying MBBS is Expensive Compared to Other Countries like China, Russia, Bangladesh, Ukraine, etc , Every year thousands of student come to Nepal to get admission in any of the medical colleges because of following reasons :
- MBBS Degree of Nepal is MCI & Worldwide Recognized and also listed IMED.
- Friendly Environment with Food & Culture similar to India
- Thousand of Indian Students have completed their degree from Nepal and are working successfully in India
- MCI similar kind of Curriculum are taught in Nepal
- Many Indian Faculties are working in medical colleges in Nepal
- During the Internship, student can easily communicate with the local patient since Hindi & English Language is well spoken in Nepal
- The trade Name of Medicine is almost common in Nepal & India
- The kind of Disease found in Nepal is common like in India
- Easy to travel. No visa or Passport is required
Q. What are eligibility for MBBS admission in Nepal?
A. Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in Nepal.
- Students must have to complete minimum age of 17 years.
- Students must have to score at least 50% marks in the aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10 and 12th class from a proper recognized board.
- Students must have to score at least 50% in practical and theory papers.
- Students must have to qualified in NEET/KUSMS MBBS Entrance Exam/TUIOM MBBS Entrance Exam/BPKIHS MBBS Entrance Exam.
Indian students must have to qualified the NEET exam in order to be able to appear for the MCI screening test, after the completion of MBBS in Nepal.
Q. How can I get admission in MBBS in Nepal?
A. In Nepal, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University and B. P. Koirala Institute of health science are provide MBBS admissions through an entrance exams with few seats available for direct admissions.
If Indian students get eligible score in NEET Exam, that student can apply for MBBS admission in Nepal. If students not qualified in NEET, don’t worry! Nepal universities conducted entrance exams for MBBS admissions in their affiliate colleges.
Q. How much does it cost to study MBBS in Nepal?
A. Medical colleges in Nepal are known to have affordable MBBS fee structure. The fees study of study MBBS courses in Nepal minimum 40 lakhs to maximum 60 lakhs for total 5 years.
The cost of doing MBBS is very reasonable as compared to other countries. Prospective students may also opt for installment schemes to pay the fee. Moreover, the living cost in Nepal is not very expensive.
Q. Is there any arrangement for Indian food at the College?
A. Yes, the mess in the campus provides a variety of Indo-Nepali vegetarian/ Non- vegetarian foods.
Admission Open 2020 - 21:
Ask a Question
Kaviya asked 2 month ago
Marrie Jessi asked 2 month ago
There are more than 20 medical government and private colleges available across Nepal offering more than 2500 MBBS seats in Nepal.
Some of the best medical colleges to study MBBS in Nepal are –
Institute of Medicine, Nepal affiliated to Tribhuvan University
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences affiliated to Kathmandu University
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (Autonomous)
Jenifer S asked 3 month ago
Vijay S asked 3 month ago
I think, the below three reason was most of the students prefer government colleges.
Compared to private very low fees structure. So, lower/middle class students also can study their interested programs.
In government colleges, students get admission from merit list. So, most of the companies prefer to hire from Government colleges.
The government colleges have most experienced professors
Please check and get proper guidance before choosing your colleges.
admin asked 5 months ago
Sushant asked 3 months ago
Both are good. But in which institution, you are pursuing these PGs makes the difference.
And also depends on your goal. In general Engineering with MBA is a good combination.
If you want to pursue M.Tech., make sure that you are doing it in a good institution and good specialization.
You should be clear what you want to do. If you are not clear even at the time of completing graduation, you should meet a career counselor.
Syed Mohammad Izhar asked 2 month ago
How to get admit card for phase III CET exam
Sushant asked 2 month ago
Please follow the below step for downloading admit card of CET phase III.
Go to official website (cet.examflix.in).
Click the notification for the release of the MAKAUT CET phase III 2020 admit card.
You are redirected to the login page. Login with your registered Mobile number and Application number.
In the login page, you can able to view the admit card.
Then, you can download and print out of the admit card.
Vinoth asked 3 months ago
Sushant asked 3 months ago
Last several years, Bangladesh has shown a good development in terms of education. The below are the reasons why getting MBBS degree from Bangladesh is a good choice for Indian and other national students:
Bangladesh Medical University is recognized by WHO and UNESCO and is accepted across globally
No donation is required to get mbbs admission in Bangladesh.
Students studying in medical colleges in Bangladesh are provided the 1 year internship for MBBS students.
The quality of infrastructure, education and accommodation is comparable to other developed countries.
The hospitals are well equipped with great infrastructure
The standard of education is very good and is comparable to other developed countries.
MBBS Course in Bangladesh is very affordable as compared to other countries across the world.
Bangladesh Colleges offer quality education with high experienced staff.
Most of medical colleges are recognized by MCI. Indian students, who are complete their degree with MCI Approved colleges, they can able to work in India also.
The accommodation is very affordable with high quality standards and facilities.
Why Bright Educational Services
Helping students more than 10 years
Counselled 7000.+ Students
Awarded as the expert career counsellors
Associated with 100+ universities / colleges throught out india
100+ associates/ offices in different cities
We try to understand your interest and ambition
Proposing Courses & Colleges
We suggest you courses and colleges that meets your interest
We suggest you courses and colleges that meets your interest
We help you with the whole admission process
Congratulations! You got Admission
Register Here for Regular Updates
10% Critical Thinking questions to be included in CBSE Class X Board Exam 2020 10% questions in CBSE Class X exams will be on critical thinking -...
SIG Pune notifies M.Sc. Geoinformatics Admission Notice 2020-22 SIG Pune M.Sc. Geoinformatics Admission 2020 - Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics...
Shobhit University Meerut notifies PhD and MPhil Program 2019-20 (December Session) Shobhit University PhD MPhil Admission 2019-20 - Shobhit...
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Andhra Pradesh Admission to PhD (Full-Time/ Part-Time) and M.S. (by Research) Program December 2019...
School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL) notifies PGDM Admission 2020 SOIL Gurgaon PGDM Admission 2020 - School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL), Gurgaon...
- AEEE 2020 Notification
- AIBE 2020 Notification
- AICEE 2020 Notification
- AICET 2020 Notification
- AIEEE 2020 Notification
- AIIMS 2020 Notification
- AIPGMEE 2020 Notification
- AIPMT 2020 Notification
- AISECT University Entrance Exam 2020 Notification
- AISEEE 2020 Notification
- Alliance AUEET 2020 Notification
- AMITY JEE 2020 Notification
- AMUEEE 2020 Notification
- ATIT 2020 Notification
- ATMA 2020 Notification
- AUEET 2020 Notification
- BCECE 2020 Notification
- BCECE LE 2020 Notification
- Bihar PGMAT 2020 Notification
- BITSAT 2020 Notification
- BPKIHS 2020 Notification
- CAT 2020 Notification
- CEE AMPAI 2020 Notification
- CUSAT 2020 Notification
- CLAT 2020 Notification
- CMAT 2020 Notification
- COMEDK UGET 2020 Notification
- CUCET 2020 Notification
- DCECE 2020 Notification
- DECE LE 2020 Notification
- FDDI AIST 2020 Notification
- GATE 2020 Notification
- GEEE 2020 Notification
- GMAT 2020 Notification
- GRE 2020 Notification
- GSIB Entrance Test 2020 Notification
- IBSAT 2020 Notification
- ICFAI Law School Admission Test 2020 Notification
- IEMJEE 2020 Notification
- IIFT Entrance Exam 2020 Notification
- ILSAT 2020 Notification
- IOM Entrance Exam 2020 Notification
- IPU CET 2020 Notification
- ITICAT 2020 Notification
- J&K BOPEE CET 2020 Notification
- JEE Advanced 2020 Notification
- JEE Main and JEE Advanced Entrance Exam 2020 Notification
- JEE MAINS 2020 Notification
- JEMAT 2020 Notification
- JENPARH 2020 Notification
- JENPAUH 2020 Notification
- JEXPO 2020 Notification
- JIPMER 2020 Notification
- JNUEE 2020 Entrance Exam Notification
- Joint Entrance Examination JET 2020 Notification
- KEE 2020 Notification
- KIITEE 2020 Notification
- LIST OF ENTRANCE EXAM IN WEST BENGAL
- MAKAUT WB CET 2020 Notification
- MAT 2020 Notification
- MCAER CET 2020 Notification
- MEET 2020 Notification
- MHCET 2020 Notification
- MU OET 2020 Notification
- NATA 2020
- NATA 2020 Notification
- NEET MDS 2020 Notification
- NEET UG 2020 Notification
- NMAT 2020 Notification
- PGIMER 2020 Notification
- PUBDET 2020 Notification
- PUMDET 2020 Notification
- SBAIEE 2020 Notification
- SIKKIM CET NON CET 2020
- SMIT OFFLINE TEST 2020 Notification
- SNAP 2020 Notification
- SRMJEEE UG 2020 Notification
- THE GALGOTIAS ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2020 Notification
- TS EAMCET 2020 Notification
- ULSAT 2020 Notification
- UPESMET 2020 Notification
- UPSEE 2020 Notification
- VITEEE 2020 Notification
- VTUEEE 2020 Notification
- WBJEE 2020 Notification
- WBJEEB PUMDET 2020 Notification
- WBJEE EVETS 2020 Notification
- WBJEE JECA 2020 Notification
- WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Notification
- WBJEE JEHOM 2020 Notification
- WBJEE JELET 2020 Notification
- WBUT PGET 2020 Notification