Nepal is a preferred destination from students of most countries in general and from India in particular for various reasons, quality of education, affinity and affordability. Bright Educational Services is your dependable guide in acquiring your admission into MS, MD, MBBS and BDS in any reputed medical college in Nepal – autonomous, private, government or affiliated. Come to us. We will assist you in realizing your dream.
Situated in the laps of the Himalayas, Nepal, now officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal is a landlocked country in South Asia and the world’s youngest republic. It is bordered in the north by the People’s Republic of China, and in the south, east, and west by India. Nepal, with an area of 147,181 square kilometers has a population of approximately 30 million. Nepal is the world’s 93rd largest country by land mass. Kathmandu is the nation’s capital and the country’s largest metropolitan city. Nepal is a country of highly diverse and rich geography, culture, and religions. The mountainous north contains eight of the world’s ten highest mountain peaks, including the highest, Mount Everest. Nepal is linked historically with the birthplace of Gautama Buddha
MBBS in Nepal
In Nepal, medical studies start at undergraduate level. The program is of five and half year’s duration. There are three main medical bodies in Nepal – Tribhuwan University, Kathmandu University, B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences and Apex regulation body is Nepal Medical Council. The first two years of studies are called “Basic Sciences” followed by two and half years of “clinical sciences” and one year of internship. After the successful completion of this course, a student is awarded Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) degree.
Medical Education in Nepal:
Nepal’s location relative to its neighbors, China and India. Now a days, most of the Indian students are interest to seeking medical admission for undergraduate and postgraduate degree in Nepal. The reason is Nepal’s culture, food habits and language are similar to India. So, Indian student can adopt the climate and cultural of Nepal. There are more than 20 medical government and privates colleges across Nepal. More than 20000 MBBS seats are available in Nepal. Here, for Indian students’ best opportunities for MBBS studying in Nepal.
Nepal Medical Council (NMC) is the regulatory board that gives recognition to medical institutions for providing formal studies in medical science and training. Pursuing MBBS in Nepal has become a trend for Indian students in the past couple of years owing to many reasons. For Indian students, pursuing MBBS in Nepal is the most cost-effective and best option. Indian students find themselves at home in Nepal because of the similarity in culture and food as compared to European and Western countries. Study medical college and university in nepal is best opportunity for the Indian students
MCI Recognized universities in Nepal:
- Kathmandu University
- Tribhuvan University
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences (PAHS)
- BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS)
Kathmandu University under Medical Colleges in Nepal
- Manipal College of Medical Science, Pokhara
- College of Medical Science, Bhartpur
- Nepalgunj Medical College, Nepalgunj
- Kathmandu Medical Colleges, Kathmandu
- Nepal Medical College, Kathmandu
- Nobel Medical College, Biratnagar
- Lumbini Medical College Palpa
- Birat Medical College Biratnagar
- Devdaha Medical College Lumbini
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
Tribhuvan University under Medical Colleges in Nepal
- National Medical College, Birgunj
- Universal College of Medical Sciences, Bhairahawa
- Janaki Medical College, Janakpur
- KIST Medical College Patan
- Chitwan Medical College, Bharatpur
- Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara
There are basic criteria for get mbbs admission in nepal. Candidates must have fulfill the below all the eligibility criteria,
- Candidates are expected to have completed 17 years of age.
- Candidates should have either completed their higher secondary exams taking up English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as their main subjects and securing a minimum of 50% or
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 in recognized board with physics, chemistry or biology as the main subject and at least score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in all the main subjects.
- Indian Candidates Must have get qualified marks in NEET-UG. They are eligible to apply for MBBS admission in Nepal.
- For Indian candidate must to get valid certificate from MCI.
MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure
The MBBS fee structure in Nepal, is very affordable fees Indian students. The fees in Nepalees medical colleges total tution fees is 35 Lakhs to 60 Lakhs (its total for 5 years). The fees structure of mbbs in Nepal 50-70 Lakhs. So, This is reason for joining most of the Indian students in Medical colleges in Nepal.
|S.No.||College||Affiliation||*Total Tution Fees|
|1||B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||_||40 to 50 Lakh|
|2||Nobel Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|3||Patan Academy of Health Sciences||_||35 to 50 Lakh|
|4||Universal College of Medical Sciences||Tribhuvan University||55 to 65 Lakh|
|5||KIST Medical College||Tribhuvan University||45 to 55 Lakh|
|6||National Medical College||Tribhuvan University||60 to 65 Lakh|
|7||Devdaha Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 55 Lakh|
|8||Nepalganj Medical College||Kathmandu University||55 to 60 Lakh|
|9||Chitawan Medical College||Tribhuvan University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|10||Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|11||Manipal College of Medical Sciences||Kathmandu University||55 to 65 Lakh|
|12||Lumbini Medical College & Research Cente||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|13||Gandaki Medical College||Tribhuvan University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|14||Janaki Medical College||Tribhuvan University||45 to 55 Lakh|
|15||Kathmandu Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|16||Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|17||Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences||Kathmandu University||45 to 55 Lakh|
List of Top MBBS Colleges in Nepal:
Based on the performance, infrastructure, amenities, campus and many other factors, the medical colleges in Nepal are ranked and the names of the top 10 colleges of the list are given below,
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) in Maharajgunj
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences in Dharan
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS) in Kavrepalanchok Dhulikhel
- Patan Academy of Health Science, Patan Lalitpur
- Nepalese Army Institute of Health Science in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Medical Colleges (KMC) in Kathmandu
- Manipal College of Medical Science in Pokhara
- Nepal Medical College (NMC) in Kathmandu
- College of Medical Science Bhartpur in Chitwan
- Nepalgunj Medical College (NGMC) in Nepalgunj
Required Documents for MBBS in Nepal:
Candidates must have to submit below documents to after getting medical admission in Nepal-
- 10th Marksheet/Certificate
- 12th Marksheet/Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Nationality certificate/Adhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Character certificate
- Domicile certificate
- NEET scorecard
Reasons of Study MBBS in Nepal
1. Highly Qualified Faculty from India:
Owing to close proximity with India, a lot of highly qualified teachers from India teach in medical colleges in Nepal. Colleges in Nepal offer attractive packages to Indian faculty members to ensure that standard of teaching is never compromised.
2. Low Fee and Installment System :
The cost of doing MBBS is very reasonable as compared to countries like China, Russia or Western countries. Prospective students may also opt for installment schemes to pay the fee. Moreover, the living cost in Nepal is not very expensive. In addition to that, the cost of travelling from India to Nepal is negligible and doesn’t require any kind of documentation. If you are studying abroad, there are many documentation hassles that may restrict your visit or your family’s visit while you are studying.
3. Documentation process
The Nepal Medical colleges documentation process is very simple, compared to other countries.
4. No required to Visa for Study MBBS in Nepal
No need to Visa for Indians students. Nepal is very close to India. So, There are no required visa to travel or study.
5. Courses Approved by Medical Council of India:
The most important reason would be this. MBBS colleges in Nepal are approved by the Medical Council of India. That means, you can complete your education in Nepal and come back to India and immediately start practicing. Nepal also has its own governing body called the Nepal Medical Council that oversees the functioning of the medical colleges in Nepal.
6. High Pass Percentage in MCI screening Test
As you might know, you have to clear the MCI Screening Test if you have studied medical outside India before you can practice medical in India. Fortunately, the pass percentage of students passing out from MBBS colleges in Nepal is very high because the education standards and syllabus are almost the same. That makes it very easy for the students to clear the exam.
7. Tie-up with Top Medical Colleges in India:
Medical Colleges in Nepal have a very close relationship with their Indian counterparts. They have tie-ups with India colleges and participate in student exchange programs. This fosters a sense of competitiveness and as a result the quality of education is never hindered.
8. Quality of MBBS Education in Nepal
Nepal medical college’s education quality is excellent. The curriculum of a majority of medical courses are similar to India. So, Candidates can easily clear the FGME test conducted by NBE for practicing medicine in India. So only most of the Indian student preferred to study MBBS in Nepal.
9. No required IELTS or TOEFL
If Foreign students who get eligible score in TOEFL and IELTS, they can submit their scores of TOEFL and IELTS for mbbs admission. There are no required TOEFL and IELTS exam for studying MBBS in Nepal.
Advantage of Study MBBS in Nepal:
Nepal is one of the biggest opportunities for India students. There are several advantages to studying MBBS in Nepal
- Affordable fee structure for studying MBBS Program. For Indian students, who are seeking MBBS admission in Nepal is very less MBBS fee structure as compared to other countries.
- The culture of Nepal, food habits and language is almost same as India. So, Indian students doesn't need major adjustments in Nepal.
- Nepal’s medical colleges offers great environment for undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses.
- There is no separate admission test to study medicine in Nepal.
- If Foreign students who get eligible score in TOEFL and IELTS, they can submit their scores of TOEFL and IELTS for mbbs admission.
- For Indian students, NEET is mandatory to get admission medical college of Nepal under Kathmandu and Tribhuvan Universities
- Indian students, no required Visa or Passport for going Nepal. Indian students have to establish their nationality, through Documents/ID cards issued by a competent Indian authority.
- The curriculum of a majority of medical courses are similar to India. So, Candidates easily clear the FGME test conducted by NBE for practicing medicine in India.
- Nepal medical college’s education quality is excellent. Their syllabus and curricular are similar to India. So only most of the Indian student preferred to study MBBS in Nepal.
- Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University & B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences are some of the prominent universities in Nepal approved by the MCI. Also, MCI approved some medical colleges.
FAQ: Study MBBS in Nepal 2019
Q: How many Universities /Medical Colleges are there in Nepal?
A. There are only two universities – Institute of Medicine (IOM) under the Tribhuvan University (TU) and the Kathmandu University (KU)providing affiliation to medical colleges in Nepal. Also, BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) and the Patan Academy of Health Science (PAHS) are two autonomous academies conducting MBBS courses. There are more than 20 government and privates medical colleges available in Nepal.
Q. What is the entire Course fee Package for any Medical college in Nepal?
A. There will be different fee package for different Medical Colleges in Nepal. In General, The entire Course fee will be Approx INR 45 to 65 Lakh which can be paid in 03 to 04 year time Period. Apart from this, there will be additional cost for Lodging & Food.
Q. What is the Medium of Instruction in Nepal?
Q. What are the Eligibility Criteria to get admission in Nepal?
A. The Minimum Eligibility to get admission in any of the Medical College in Nepal is 50% Aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as Major subject. Also Physics, Chemistry & biology should have individual 50 % marks in each.
Q. Are the Medical Colleges in Nepal are Approved/Recognized by MCI or Not?
A. All the Medical Colleges of Nepal are Approved /Recognized by MCI. After successful completion of medicine course, student has to appear for MCI Screening Test in India.
However, it has seen that students who completed their medical degree from Nepal can easily pass MCI in first/second attempt.
Q. Why to Study MBBS in Nepal by Paying Higher Fees Compared to Other Countries?
A. Despite Studying MBBS is Expensive Compared to Other Countries like China, Russia, Bangladesh, Ukraine, etc , Every year thousands of student come to Nepal to get admission in any of the medical colleges because of following reasons :
- MBBS Degree of Nepal is MCI & Worldwide Recognized and also listed IMED.
- Friendly Environment with Food & Culture similar to India
- Thousand of Indian Students have completed their degree from Nepal and are working successfully in India
- MCI similar kind of Curriculum are taught in Nepal
- Many Indian Faculties are working in medical colleges in Nepal
- During the Internship, student can easily communicate with the local patient since Hindi & English Language is well spoken in Nepal
- The trade Name of Medicine is almost common in Nepal & India
- The kind of Disease found in Nepal is common like in India
- Easy to travel. No visa or Passport is required
Q. What are eligibility for MBBS admission in Nepal?
A. Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in Nepal.
- Students must have to complete minimum age of 17 years.
- Students must have to score at least 50% marks in the aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10 and 12th class from a proper recognized board.
- Students must have to score at least 50% in practical and theory papers.
- Students must have to qualified in NEET/KUSMS MBBS Entrance Exam/TUIOM MBBS Entrance Exam/BPKIHS MBBS Entrance Exam.
Indian students must have to qualified the NEET exam in order to be able to appear for the MCI screening test, after the completion of MBBS in Nepal.
Q. How can I get admission in MBBS in Nepal?
A. In Nepal, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University and B. P. Koirala Institute of health science are provide MBBS admissions through an entrance exams with few seats available for direct admissions.
If Indian students get eligible score in NEET Exam, that student can apply for MBBS admission in Nepal. If students not qualified in NEET, don’t worry! Nepal universities conducted entrance exams for MBBS admissions in their affiliate colleges.
Q. How much does it cost to study MBBS in Nepal?
A. Medical colleges in Nepal are known to have affordable MBBS fee structure. The fees study of study MBBS courses in Nepal minimum 40 lakhs to maximum 60 lakhs for total 5 years.
The cost of doing MBBS is very reasonable as compared to other countries. Prospective students may also opt for installment schemes to pay the fee. Moreover, the living cost in Nepal is not very expensive.
Q. Is there any arrangement for Indian food at the College?
A. Yes, the mess in the campus provides a variety of Indo-Nepali vegetarian/ Non- vegetarian foods.
Admission Open 2019 - 21:
Why Bright Educational Services
Helping students more than 10 years
Counselled 7000.+ Students
Awarded as the expert career counsellors
Associated with 100+ universities / colleges throught out india
100+ associates/ offices in different cities
We try to understand your interest and ambition
Proposing Courses & Colleges
We suggest you courses and colleges that meets your interest
We suggest you courses and colleges that meets your interest
We help you with the whole admission process
Congratulations! You got Admission
Register Here for Regular Updates
IIM Bangalore Advanced Management Programme (AMP - Batch 14) 2020 IIM Bangalore AMP-Batch 14 Admissions 2020 - Indian Institute of Management (IIM),...
RGUHS theory exam postponed. Details here Theory exam for undergraduate and postgraduate AYUSH, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Allied Health Science...
Adobe India announces Women in Technology Scholarship 2020-21 Adobe India invites applications for inaugural Women in Technology Scholarship in...
Birat Medical College is one of the top most medical colleges in Nepal. BMC is established in 2014 and it was located in Biratnagar, Nepal. Birat...
Army Medical College Bangladesh announces 1st Year MBBS & AMC Admission 2019-20 Armed Forces Medical College MBBS & AMC Admission 2019 -...
- AEEE 2019 Notification
- AIBE 2019 Notification
- AICEE 2019 Notification
- AICET 2019 Notification
- AIEEE 2019 Notification
- AIIMS 2019 Notification
- AIPGMEE 2019 Notification
- AIPMT 2019 Notification
- AISECT University Entrance Exam 2019 Notification
- AISEEE 2019 Notification
- Alliance AUEET 2019 Notification
- AMITY JEE 2019 Notification
- AMUEEE 2019 Notification
- ATIT 2019 Notification
- ATMA 2019 Notification
- AUEET 2019 Notification
- BCECE 2019 Notification
- BCECE LE 2019 Notification
- Bihar PGMAT 2019 Notification
- BITSAT 2019 Notification
- BPKIHS 2019 Notification
- CAT 2019 Notification
- CEE AMPAI 2019 Notification
- CUSAT 2019 Notification
- CLAT 2019 Notification
- CMAT 2019 Notification
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Notification
- CUCET 2019 Notification
- DCECE 2019 Notification
- DECE LE 2019 Notification
- FDDI AIST 2019 Notification
- GATE 2019 Notification
- GEEE 2019 Notification
- GMAT 2019 Notification
- GRE 2019 Notification
- GSIB Entrance Test 2019 Notification
- IBSAT 2019 Notification
- ICFAI Law School Admission Test 2019 Notification
- IEMJEE 2019 Notification
- IIFT Entrance Exam 2019 Notification
- ILSAT 2019 Notification
- IOM Entrance Exam 2019 Notification
- IPU CET 2019 Notification
- ITICAT 2019 Notification
- J&K BOPEE CET 2019 Notification
- JEE Advanced 2019 Notification
- JEE Main and JEE Advanced Entrance Exam 2019 Notification
- JEE MAINS 2019 Notification
- JEMAT 2019 Notification
- JENPARH 2019 Notification
- JENPAUH 2019 Notification
- JEXPO 2019 Notification
- JIPMER 2019 Notification
- JNUEE 2019 Entrance Exam Notification
- Joint Entrance Examination JET 2019 Notification
- KEE 2019 Notification
- KIITEE 2019 Notification
- LIST OF ENTRANCE EXAM IN WEST BENGAL
- MAKAUT WB CET 2019 Notification
- MAT 2019 Notification
- MCAER CET 2019 Notification
- MEET 2019 Notification
- MHCET 2019 Notification
- MU OET 2019 Notification
- NATA 2019
- NATA 2019 Notification
- NEET MDS 2019 Notification
- NEET UG 2019 Notification
- NMAT 2019 Notification
- PGIMER 2019 Notification
- PUBDET 2019 Notification
- PUMDET 2019 Notification
- SBAIEE 2019 Notification
- SIKKIM CET NON CET 2019
- SMIT OFFLINE TEST 2019 Notification
- SNAP 2019 Notification
- SRMJEEE UG 2019 Notification
- THE GALGOTIAS ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2019 Notification
- TS EAMCET 2019 Notification
- ULSAT 2019 Notification
- UPESMET 2019 Notification
- UPSEE 2019 Notification
- VITEEE 2019 Notification
- VTUEEE 2019 Notification
- WBJEE 2019 Notification
- WBJEEB PUMDET 2019 Notification
- WBJEE EVETS 2019 Notification
- WBJEE JECA 2019 Notification
- WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Notification
- WBJEE JEHOM 2019 Notification
- WBJEE JELET 2019 Notification
- WBUT PGET 2019 Notification